ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (18/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.1.9.2 When snapping a window to quadrant, MoveIt now uses Hit Test to make sure the mouse cursor is on the caption bar. This is to avoid possible conflicts with Alt Click. When dragging the window the mouse should be in the right place anyway. Just a precaution since it doesn't seem to have any effect on responsiveness.

tomos:
MoveIt 1.1.9.1 Added Control Shift Arrow hotkeys.  Works the same as Alt Arrow(which is still there) but moves the window by a smaller increment.-MilesAhead (July 14, 2012, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is very nice to have more control - but it clashes with Ctrl+Shift+Arrow which selects a word of text (in direction of the arrow). It's one that's very commonly used AFAIK.

Unfortunately I've also run into a problem with Alt+Arrow clashing with a software I'm using a lot at the moment - I had a false alarm with that before, but this one is real. I'll look at modifing the keys once I figure out a decent alternative shortcut - they mostly taken by one app or another :(
Considering Ctrl+Alt+Arrow but need to research a bit first.

Changed Snap Explorer to Quadrant to Snap Window to Quadrant. Now the Mouse Cursor Position is used to determine the quadrant rather than the window origin.  Any movable window may be snapped. If the window is not resizeable it is just moved. Otherwise it is also sized to fit in the quadrant.

See About Box and Readme.txt for more details.-MilesAhead (July 14, 2012, 03:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

this sounds interesting, haven't used it yet this way, must check it out.

MilesAhead:
The hotkeys are good points. I'm thinking of changing Alt Arrow to Win-Alt-Arrow and Control-Shift Arrow to Control=Win Arrow.

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.1.9.3 Changed Arrow hotkeys to Alt-Winkey Arrow for move by large increment, and Control-Winkey  Arrow to move by smaller increment. This should remove conflict with commonly used hotkeys.

tomos:
MoveIt 1.1.9.3 Changed Arrow hotkeys to Alt-Winkey Arrow for move by large increment, and Control-Winkey  Arrow to move by smaller increment. This should remove conflict with commonly used hotkeys.
-MilesAhead (July 14, 2012, 09:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

that's a good choice, will test, thanks :-*

edit/ it's working great :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version