ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (12/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.0.3.0 Added 'z' Custom Save feature.  Size and position a window, then hit hotkey 'z' to get an InputBox.  There you may enter one of the t b l r c s   letters to save it for that section. It simply writes and reads a string of the raw numbers. But it should work well enough if you always use the same screen res and work area as I do.  To restore the built in default for any letter, edit the ini file.  The keys have the format Custom_n where n is the letter of the section.  Just rub out the string after the "=" or delete the line entirely.  Run MoveIt to load the new settings. If it's already running in the tray it will be replaced with a new instance.

Just got this going tonight so there may be a few quirks.

I got rid of the "Special" option as this is much better. Lets you size each area however you wish.

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.0.4.0 Added Open Home Folder command to Tray Menu. It simply opens the folder that contains the running MoveIt.exe. Makes it easier to edit the .ini file.

tomos:
MoveIt 1.0.3.0 Added 'z' Custom Save feature.  Size and position a window, then hit hotkey 'z' to get an InputBox.  There you may enter one of the t b l r c s   letters to save it for that section. It simply writes and reads a string of the raw numbers. But it should work well enough if you always use the same screen res and work area as I do.-MilesAhead (June 01, 2012, 02:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is absolutely super - this makes this app :-*

(I mean, if I can use this, anyone can: I usually avoid editing ini files etc like the plague - I still willl in fact ;) )

MilesAhead:
Glad you like it. As I was messing around with several ideas I though why not just let people put the stuff where they want in the simplest way?

Me, I leave my screen res at 1280 x 1024 and I use the same work area. I don't use any apps that need to change the screen res. Just saving and loading the raw numbers is enough for my use. The fewer calculations the better.  Less likely to break. :)

If you change the size of a window ruining the centering just use TicClick to zap it to a centered position. Then you can use the Alt Arrow keys to move it a bit. I find I like a large centered rectangle for text editors, but I like the bottom to be closer to the taskbar.  Alt Down Arrow a couple of times and I'm lined up.  Then I just hotkey-z-ed it.  Now I can snap any editor from a tiny frame to this dominant position.  Nice. :)

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.0.5.0 Added h and v keys to center active window horizontally or vertically.  Hooked up 'z' with Middle Mouse Button hold.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version