ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (9/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
I think, for me, I'm starting to see this grid as a good way to size 2 apps and use the "unused" section as a spacer.

For instance with Grid A  

I have the left section empty. But it keeps the programs on the right from consuming the entire width. Leaves a bit of space to click the desktop if I didn't have the gap for RocketDock. In this screen shot I changed the range for Div from 5 to 95 percent. When used as spacer I'm not going to try to jam something into the vertical gap on the left edge. :)

MilesAhead:
SectionAte 1.0.20.0 By request, added 'l' key to move window to left side and size it 1/2 screen work area. Fixed 'r' key to do the same thing on the right side.  Expanded Div ranges to 5 - 95 percent. This is handy for using the "empty" section as a spacer to help size the other 2 apps as desired.

Now the Tray Icon changes to reflect the active grid. Updated About Box.

MilesAhead:
@tomos do you think it would be useful to change 't' and 'b' so that they work like 'l' and 'r' and cover 1/2 the work area? Or is it better as is?

tomos:
I'm on version 19 now - the icons are great :up:

@tomos do you think it would be useful to change 't' and 'b' so that they work like 'l' and 'r' and cover 1/2 the work area? Or is it better as is?
-MilesAhead (May 27, 2012, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

There's so much choice now :D I think it's hard to say what's best, I mean it's going to be down to individual preferences/monitor-size/workflow. I havent even gotten a workflow with it yet, but I'm happy the way it is.

tomos:
Would you be interested in adding the possibility to change the grid layout (from A to F) with hot-keys? For example Ctrl+Shift+L A = layout A, etc.-Attronarch (May 27, 2012, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

This would be a logical extension of things. I'm not a big user of the grid (yet). I used to use JGPaiva's Gridmove - when I last changed machine I kind of got out of the habit of using it. Anyways, GridMove has that capability, and from what Miles said about this one, it's much easier to add grids to gridmove.
So, I'd say if it's easy to add, I'd love that capability [+1] - otherwise (just tested) I can run gridmove concurrently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version