ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (11/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.0.2.0 I made a few small updates to MoveIt and put it on my hotkey page. Same link as first post.

I changed the 't' and 'b' to use 25% of work area height for Top and 75% work area height for Bottom. Both use about 95% of work area width.  I added a tray menu option "Special" that also leaves a 5% gap at the bottom.. just for 't' and 'b'. It leaves about a 5% gap on the left so if you do have a few desktop icons you can still click them.

I made 'c' Center larger and centered it more accurately.
This app is simple but there's much less to go wrong. :)

The zip on the site includes custom icon and ahk_L source code.

tomos:
Re: Shape Shift 1.0.9.0 and MoveIt 1.0.2.0

MoveIt 1.0.2.0 I made a few small updates to MoveIt and put it on my hotkey page. Same link as first post.

I changed the 't' and 'b' to use 25% of work area height for Top and 75% work area height for Bottom. Both use about 95% of work area width.  I added a tray menu option "Special" that also leaves a 5% gap at the bottom.. just for 't' and 'b'. It leaves about a 5% gap on the left so if you do have a few desktop icons you can still click them.

I made 'c' Center larger and centered it more accurately.
This app is simple but there's much less to go wrong. :)

The zip on the site includes custom icon and ahk_L source code.
-MilesAhead (May 31, 2012, 12:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've discovered a clash with another app (Directory Opus) for the Alt+Arrow keys.
I see it in the AHK file (starting line #198)

--- Code: Autohotkey ---!Left::  AWindow := WinExist("A")
I changed the four instances of "!" to "<^>!" (= "Alt Gr" right alt key - on my keyboard at any rate). Source was
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/Hotkeys.htm

Behaviour is very weird - RightAlt+RightArrow, or UpArrow, now just make the window disappear - it shows in the taskbar but not on screen.
If you can see what I'm doing wrong, please let me know!
thanks.

MilesAhead:
I don't have directory opus. I have no idea what it's hotkeys do. But just because you use a right or left Alt I don't see how it eliminates the conflict with Alt Arrow. DO is still going to do something when you hit Alt Arrow.

Try setting a completely different modifier key or combination.

tomos:
I don't have directory opus. I have no idea what it's hotkeys do. But just because you use a right or left Alt I don't see how it eliminates the conflict with Alt Arrow. DO is still going to do something when you hit Alt Arrow.

Try setting a completely different modifier key or combination.
-MilesAhead (May 31, 2012, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm making a fool of myself (and it wont be the first time :-)
The hotkey for cycling through the tabs in Dopus is Ctrl+Arrow. (That was why Alt+Arrow didnt work for me "any more".)
So I didnt have to change anything :-[ 
sorry bout that :)

MilesAhead:
Not at all. You should have seen my ripping my hair out doing those "rotating grid" calculations!! :)

Now that I know how to check for resizeable window attribute I'm thinking of adding a shift key option to TicClick to have it resize as well as move, if the border allows it.  There's so many ways of doing this stuff. Wish I had a more modern multi-monitor setup so I could work that angle.  But I'm sure the majority still have a single monitor(although it's probably not a CRT like mine anymore.) :)

edit: Hmm, I find with MoveIt I don't really feel the need for TicClick. It's more flexible just to drag the window near where I want it, then use the Alt Arrow keys to snug it to an edge. It doesn't have to be in the middle or in a corner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version