ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (6/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
Although not as good as user defined grids, I'm looking into .ini file settings for percentage of largest window(where to draw the line) and perhaps another setting for the split point between the windows that share the other screen portion, in the case of a 3 grid.

I think it will be more useful if I can set a grid so that, as example, chrome can have the bottom or top of the screen will all the width and .xx of the screen height.  Maybe have a percentage range from 33 to 75 percent.  Some programs like EditPadLite7 won't allow the height below a certain size.  Typically you'll see the bottom of the window sticking down below where it should be. In that case it's probably going to be up to the user to adjust the percentages.

I'll experiment with it and see how it goes.  But a set fraction of .4 as I'm using now is too short or narrow for some apps.  Seems like a modification that shouldn't be too difficult.

MilesAhead:
SectionAte 1.0.15.0 Added Tray Menu commands to set BigDiv and SmallDiv percentages. These determine the percentage of work area where the dividing line is placed.  BigDiv is for the section that's not subdivided. SmallDiv is for the subdivided section.  SmallDiv is not used in the 2 section grids for obvious reasons. :)

There is only one BigDiv and SmallDiv setting for all the grids, but if you change it, it is updated immediately (meaning future moves use the new setting and the .ini file is written with the new settings.) Most likely you will settle on a grid you use for most things. Something more dynamic probably needs paid software or a utility that's been under development a lot longer.

I increased the vertical gap between windows from 3 pixels to 4. This should reduce the pinch on the drop shadow that can make it look like the windows overlap when they don't.

Also updated the About Box with cleaner descriptions.

tomos:
Hey Miles, any chance you could add your website to your signature, or, you could add it to the website info (underneath signature on the "Forum Profile Information" page) and it will show in an icon under your avatar. I'm a lazy beggar and it would save me going back to the first post every time for the link. Of course I should bookmark it :-[

Bookmarked. I'll sort of pretend I didnt post this :P :D

MilesAhead:
Hey Miles, any chance you could add your website to your signature, or, you could add it to the website info (underneath signature on the "Forum Profile Information" page) and it will show in an icon under your avatar. I'm a lazy beggar and it would save me going back to the first post every time for the link. Of course I should bookmark it :-[

Bookmarked. I'll sort of pretend I didnt post this :P :D
-tomos (May 26, 2012, 04:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's ok. It's a good idea. I didn't think of it because so many sites don't allow you to put url in sig.

MilesAhead:
SectionAte 1.0.17.0 Widened the range for Div settings to 15 - 85 percent.  Made window gap 5 pixels both vertically and horizontally. Just looks cleaner on my monitor. Fixed calculation error in one of the grids.

Here's one "trick" I got onto. I'm using B Grid. I want chromium to have a big section at right bottom of the desktop. But I don't want it to go across the entire width.  So I set BigDiv small, 32, and SmallDiv large, 85.  This leaves a gap on the left of the browser. I'll just stick Notepad in the other 2 sections to show what I mean.  Here's a screen shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version