ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What will be your next computer?

<< < (5/14) > >>

Curt:
youtube com/watch?v=NUrNu8lItu0 <= removed

[ Invalid Attachment ]

-Renegade (May 19, 2012, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

------------

I don't like to work with a laptop, so my next two computers will probably be first a ("unlimited power") desktop, to create the audio-visual effects I need to accompany my lecture, and then a laptop to actually run them (in various auditoriums). What I really want (instead of the laptop) is a very powerful and huge iPad, but they are not yet anyway near what I need.

Renegade:
Well, I must admit, that my next computer will be 2 Raspberry Pis. But I'm not sure if that really qualifies as it's not in the voting there, and I really only want them for development, and they're not really "traditional" computers. Kind of an odd situation.

And too bad for Emperor Palpatine disappearing there... It was a cool clip. :)

Tinman57:
  I've got a beefed up 2.8 gz desktop, and whenever microsoft stops supporting XP updates, I'll be intalling Linux on this same computer with a XP dual-boot.  I'm not downgrading to win8.  I've done got really tired of all of microsofts shenanigans, especially with win8, and Apple isn't much better.  So far I think I'll be using Ubuntu as the front-end....

sazzen:
I am so happy with my XP desktop.  I don't want another computer. But, in self-defense, I'm saving pennies for another desktop, with Win7 installed, just before the market is flooded with Windows 8 monsters.  It will probably sit in the corner, doing nothing until my current computer dies. Then I'll fix it up to dual-boot so I can still use XP.

To me, a computer isn't a toy, or an entertainment center, or a social event. I work with it. I need to see what I'm doing and I need upmteen apps open at the same time - in various sizes - so I can see them all at once.

When MS stops supporting the OSs of my choice, I'll use something else to dig around online, but with all the changes, cloud computing, Windows 8, there is less and less that that interests me. All the great software will die out (for those of us that are sticking to XP and 7) so that leaves only research to keep me online.

Windows 8? I'm not going there. Ever.

40hz:

To me, a computer isn't a toy, or an entertainment center, or a social event. I work with it. I need to see what I'm doing and I need upmteen apps open at the same time - in various sizes - so I can see them all at once.

When MS stops supporting the OSs of my choice, I'll use something else to dig around online, but with all the changes, cloud computing, Windows 8, there is less and less that that interests me. All the great software will die out (for those of us that are sticking to XP and 7) so that leaves only research to keep me online.

Windows 8? I'm not going there. Ever.
-sazzen (July 13, 2012, 03:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

8) ;) :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version