ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What will be your next computer?

<< < (2/14) > >>

Renegade:
I plan on running my current desktop until I am forced to get a new one, but I think I may buy a server and get away from consumer hardware entirely.

I don't see my need for a new tablet anytime soon. What I have will last. I use it for reading, and not much more.

My laptop, I rarely use. And I don't like to use it. I only use it for when I travel and can't use my desktop.

KynloStephen66515:
I plan on running my current desktop until I am forced to get a new one, but I think I may buy a server and get away from consumer hardware entirely.

I don't see my need for a new tablet anytime soon. What I have will last. I use it for reading, and not much more.

My laptop, I rarely use. And I don't like to use it. I only use it for when I travel and can't use my desktop.
-Renegade (May 18, 2012, 08:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah a server is possibly the best way forward...With the opportunity of running 4CPUs and up to like 512GB RAM...Plenty of room for expansion...and even if you didn't wanna move to linux, that would make a pretty sweet Windows 7 machine  ;D

Renegade:

--- End quote ---

Yeah a server is possibly the best way forward...With the opportunity of running 4CPUs and up to like 512GB RAM...Plenty of room for expansion...and even if you didn't wanna move to linux, that would make a pretty sweet Windows 7 machine  ;D
-Stephen66515 (May 18, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It will most likely run Linux. I hope to extricate myself from reliance on MS by then.

KynloStephen66515:

--- End quote ---

-Stephen66515 (May 18, 2012, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It will most likely run Linux. I hope to extricate myself from reliance on MS by then.
-Renegade (May 18, 2012, 08:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Run Android on it just for the laugh haha

4wd:
...I never buy a whole computer...-4wd (May 18, 2012, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

How soon we forget  :-[

Stupid me, I just bought a Microserver, (it's obviously too quiet) - my excuse is it was a bargain :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version