Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 09:14:51 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Trello - Project / Todo Management  (Read 1359 times)
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:37:17 AM »

Noone here using trello?

Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.

I'm using it at work to keep an overview of all the projects that we are working on, and it is really intuitive like that.
We use one board. We currently have 6 lists (Inbox, in planning, in progress, in testing, done, postponed). 3 labels (scheduled, priority, nice to have). Each project is a card, it belongs optionally to one or more labels, but always to one of the lists.

With the features of activity messages, checklists and due dates this allows us to keep on top of things. It works well in addition to a helpdesk because there are no reports options and it's not a communication tool.

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 04:52:13 AM »

Looking good, but after using Jira for a couple of years, I'd say it's a bit too simple for our (business)needs.

For DC-collaboration projects it would be very useful, I'd say Thmbsup. I'll try it for the next project I'll be doing here thumbs up

justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:03:00 AM »

Yes I have to add I'm part of a team of two web developers with a manager, so 3 people using this board smiley It's not a helpdesk / ticketing system, it's more higher level it can replace those "status meetings" where you get asked what you did all week and where you are with such and such project.

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »

Noone here using trello?

Never heard of it, but it looks handy as hell.

Thanks!
Gwen7
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »

it is handy. But it has two major flaws afaic. 1- it wastes too much screen space with that huge panel on the right hand side. a menu, string of icons, or a ribbon across the top would be better. 2 - you can't completely delete a list once it's created. understandable in a group situation. but unnecessary and annoying if you're a single user. my other major concern is that it's free. i always worry about getting too vested in something without a price tag. I always worry they'll suddenly start charging and the price will be higher than what it's worth to me to keep it. i'd rather have to pay up front, or know what the non-free version will cost *before* i get too far into it. but maybe thats just me. ;-)
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 05:14:31 PM »

Archive or export the list?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF