ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Aptana Studio 3 ROCKS~! (IDE for JavaScript)

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
My general disdain for JavaScript isn't much of a secret, and I pretty much hate coding any JavaScript at all... However... Man... Aptana Studio 3 makes it SOOOO much better! It could even become enjoyable!

IDEs like Visual Studio are simply too good. Way too good. They spoil you with all kinds of things like code completion and all manner of goodies. Aptana Studio isn't VS, but man... It's close, and certainly makes JavaScript programming much nicer. (And certainly better for JS than VS is -- VS sucks for JS programming.)

Anyways, just thought I'd pass on that recommendation for anyone who does JS, and especially for those that are used to IDEs like VS.

http://aptana.com/

Ath:
Aptana Studio isn't VS, but man... It's close, and certainly makes JavaScript programming much nicer.
-Renegade (May 17, 2012, 12:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
You could just have said that Aptana is in fact a customized release of Eclipse 3.x, but maybe that's too much for a VS addict like you :P

They do have quite amazing Javascript support, yeah!

Renegade:
Aptana Studio isn't VS, but man... It's close, and certainly makes JavaScript programming much nicer.
-Renegade (May 17, 2012, 12:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
You could just have said that Aptana is in fact a customized release of Eclipse 3.x, but maybe that's too much for a VS addict like you :P

They do have quite amazing Javascript support, yeah!
-Ath (May 17, 2012, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't want to scare people off by saying the "E" word! :D :P

Ath:
I didn't want to scare people off by saying the "E" word! :D :P
-Renegade (May 17, 2012, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Some ppl actually like that "E" thing :-* but I don't wanna start another flame/praise thread about IDE's.

As (we already) said, Aptana is great for JS, and ofc also for other web-related development (it supports nearly anything that is used for website development), and it's also available as an Eclipse plugin.

Deozaan:
You could just have said that Aptana is in fact a customized release of Eclipse 3.x...-Ath (May 17, 2012, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it? That's weird. I think I've used Aptana before and liked it a lot for JS. But I've also used Eclipse before and didn't like it very much.

:huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version