topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Trying to make Firefox awesome bar slightly awesomer  (Read 2451 times)

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Trying to make Firefox awesome bar slightly awesomer
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:55 PM »
OK, the + symbol in the Firefox awesome bar is magic. It causes autocomplete to match only bookmarks with tags (which, since using XMarks and importing my delicious.com bookmarks, tends to be all of them).

Screenshot - 5_15_2012 , 11_47_23 PM.png

Notice from the screenshot that in spite of the +, not everything that comes up is tagged abc: it finds abc in the title as well, hence the Nerd ABC's and ABC News links which are tagged something besides abc.

Does anyone know a way to make Firefox match tagged items ONLY by searching the tag, and not the title?

(btw, in preparing this screenshot, I noticed that abc matches "labcast" as well, but I am less concerned about that)

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Trying to make Firefox awesome bar slightly awesomer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 07:15 AM »
I should probably use the TagSieve sidebar for this, I usually don't use it. It would interesting to see how involved it would be to change the Awesomebar behavior, though.