topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Torchlight 2  (Read 27270 times)

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Torchlight 2
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 01:19 PM »
It might be a good idea to register your copy of Torchlight 2 (if you've already bought it) for online play before the big rush on Thursday:

https://secure.runic...gister/torchlight-ii

Done and thank you!  Where did you learn about this?  It has been sitting in Steam for so long that all I have done is pre-load it.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 01:28 PM »
Oh yeah, I should mention this, too:

Torchlight 2 Soundtrack for free. (And the Torchlight 1 game and soundtrack are included in the Humble Indie Bundle 6 which launched today.)

It might be a good idea to register your copy of Torchlight 2 (if you've already bought it) for online play before the big rush on Thursday:

https://secure.runic...gister/torchlight-ii

Done and thank you!  Where did you learn about this?  It has been sitting in Steam for so long that all I have done is pre-load it.

I went to download that soundtrack (which I heard about from RunicGames on Twitter) and then clicked the link to log into my Runic account just for the fun of it and there I saw the link asking me to register for online play.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:39 PM by Deozaan »

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 02:08 PM »
Oh man, I sure am hyped for this. Anyone up for some early coop or do we want to get a grip of the game before attempting this?
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 02:19 PM »
I'm up for immediate co-op. Unfortunately I have plans for Thursday so I won't get to play much until Friday.

y0himba

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Yar.
    • View Profile
    • y0himba.net
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Woke up this morning and saw it was at 91% :tellme:.  I was all excited :D, but when it completed it still said pre-load complete :huh:.  Guess it was updating the pre-loaded stuff.  ARGH. :mad:

Happy Torchlight II day! ;D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 12:51 PM »
It's available right now! If your Steam client still says "Pre-Load" instead of play, simply restart Steam and it will work. :D

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 12:00 AM »
Anyone got any good stories to tell about their Torchlight 2 experience thus far?

I tried to get online and play it with my brother but after an hour we finally gave up. I just don't understand how I could see over 700 games on there but we just couldn't see each other's game. Even though we added each other to our friends lists we didn't even see that the other person was online.

Hopefully online play will be fixed soon.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 02:51 AM »
I tried to get online and play it with my brother but after an hour we finally gave up. I just don't understand how I could see over 700 games on there but we just couldn't see each other's game. Even though we added each other to our friends lists we didn't even see that the other person was online.

no luck with hamachi or tunngle.net? the game launched on midnite here, so no way to play unless i had skipped work.. :(

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 10:30 AM »

no luck with hamachi or tunngle.net? the game launched on midnite here, so no way to play unless i had skipped work.. :(

I couldn't get it to work with Hamachi, but I saw reports of others having success with it or Tunngle. But according to Twitter they should have the network issues ironed out now.

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 04:09 AM »
Been 1.5 through the game so far :)

I have no Internet at home to fully try multiplayer but LAN with one more player is pretty awesome. Although it has few small bugs*, game runs very smoothly and I am surprised about that.

It is decent game but it is missing *something* (my screenshots folder is pretty small for this title).

*) Bugs:
- dunno for full story - chapter movies are choking for me,
- no camera rotation (understandable optimization) and strange zoom (not acceptable),
- broken stats - same characters level and I have about 400 enemies killed BUT my bro have 12k (how is it even possible if we never separate).

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Runic to release a patch this week.

1.) We will have patch notes up when the patch is closer to release.
2.) Spawned items will be flagged. They wont flag your character unless they are equipped. The respec potion will have a flag on it, but if it is consumed it wont flag the player.
3.) No you wont have to get the patch. If you dont get the patch though and want to play online you will be limited to games that are created by others with the same patch version as you.

http://forums.runicg...&t=40375#p361303

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2012, 09:12 PM »
Runic to release a patch this week.

1.) We will have patch notes up when the patch is closer to release.
2.) Spawned items will be flagged. They wont flag your character unless they are equipped. The respec potion will have a flag on it, but if it is consumed it wont flag the player.
3.) No you wont have to get the patch. If you dont get the patch though and want to play online you will be limited to games that are created by others with the same patch version as you.

http://forums.runicg...&t=40375#p361303

What does it mean to flag the player? Why would I want to be flagged or care if someone else is flagged?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00 PM »
new patch has gone live!

Patch 1.12.X.7 Notes
Spoiler
This patch increments the save version, and we restructured some of the boss rooms, so random levels will clear and repopulate their monsters and events.

FUNCTIONAL
*Shared stash now creates a backup of itself
*You can no longer 'steal' items from your buyback tab by closing the window with Spacebar
*Can’t drag merchant items onto the buyback tab
*Gambler does not show 'can't equip' X
*CTRL-M will instantly toggle map visibility
*Pet equipment cannot get sockets from enchantment
*Fixed rare crash related to Charming a monster
*Multiplayer logging is reduced, and can be disabled with the NEVERLOG commandline argument (may improve performance for some clients)
*Creating a player in a difficulty other than Normal, directly joining a game, and then exiting, won't revert your stored difficulty to Normal.
*Confirmation box added for quitting without saving
*Fixed a few rare hardware related crashes
*Particle update optimizations
*Various rendering optimizations

GAMEPLAY
*Fixed an issue in multiplayer where non-killing MP players did not receive appropriate XP falloff due to level delta
*Armor Degrade properties now apply properly - degrade armor values are reduced for newly generated item properties to compensate for them working correctly - but don't worry, they will be better than before!
*Zero walkspeed monsters won't attempt to jump down
*Fixed some display issues with Fame level progress
*Wandering (non-town-based) Enchanters have a slightly better range of enchantment strengths. They also now have an approximately 20% chance to get a 'powerful enchantment', which are about 50% better than normal. This is represented by a sound and text message in game.
*Swamp Flier scream debuff will show an appropriate name on debuff icon
*Creep squish blood now has a censored version
*Fixed a few areas where loot from a specific event spawned publicly
*Fixed a few spelling errors
*Act 4 banner should properly display
*Pets can be sent to town from the last 2 boss rooms
*Fixed an issue where occasionally an errant MOUSEUP event could ignore your attack in extremely fast click situations
*DOTs now correctly calculate bonuses from +DMG%
*XP and Fame %bonuses from gear are now capped at +/- 100%
*HP bonus gear will properly be reflected in final health of player to other clients post-zoning
*Game can be saved at any time from the options menu
*Onscreen notification in bottom right of screen when saving takes place
*Console-created items now have an effect that displays that they were cheat-created
*Damage reduction effects on the player are capped to 75%
*Stat expenditures when leveling up are properly synchronized in multiplayer
*When leveling up, your health is properly recalculated on other clients
*Skill cycle keys can now be bound to mouse buttons
*Transmuted items are no longer destroyed if an inventory is full with no place to accept them

SKILLS
*Berserkers are still targetable while performing Savage Rush
*Bramble walls and Ice Prison will properly die offscreen, and if the originator leaves the zone
*Battle Standard's properties are properly exclusive (they don't stack)
*Fixed charged versions of Fire Bash from levels 9-15 using the incorrect effects (weaker when charged!)
*Howl duration fixed (Extended)
*Berserker Wolf Shade master healing property was reduced from 5%+5% per rank to 5% + 2% per rank - and the first rank properly provides healing
*Vortex Hex won't target smashables
*Fixed two ranks of Seismic Slam incorrectly doing electrical damage
*Glaive Throw has had a damage nerf (25% reduction in max damage and decreased growth per rank ) with less additional bounces per tier
*Elemental attunement properly benefits from owner’s level
*Elemental Boon should properly speed up cast time on last rank
*Shadowbind should properly rank up duration
*Blast Cannon’s armor reduction effect no longer stacks and works for both fire and physical damage
*Fixed sped up hitframe for male shield skill anim so that it is never skipped when a subsequent skill is queued
*Outlander Long Range Mastery should now affect wands as well
*Prismatic Bolt gains charge at half the previous rate
*Spider Mines should show debuff icons
*Spider Mine summon duration fixed
*Shadowling procs from wand chaos or weapon affixes properly last 20 seconds instead of 3
*Elemental Attunement shouldn’t attack smashables
*Tremor rank 6 should properly perform its charged effect
*Immobilization Copter damage effect shouldn’t stomp on other damage effects
*Berserker Retaliation can only trigger once per second per given target – and no longer procs/leeches
*Rapid Fire and Venomous Hail now use DPS instead of Damage

SCRIPTING
*Fixed some issues with Grom's arena in multiplayer when another player speaks to the NPC while the main area is completed
*Several boss rooms have had structural changes to make it more difficult to cheese them with certain skills
*Various minor level scripting or layout repairs
*Fixed farmable Gel phasebeast room so that XP gain isn't overblown
*Fixed various other farmable phasebeast unitspawners which incorrectly granted XP
*Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck

NETWORKING
*Fixed a case where backlog of messages for resend would escalate and disconnect the client
*Friends-only games are fixed to synch correctly across lobbies
*Fixes for various serverside issues
*Erroneous ‘Connection Failed’ messages should be fixed
*Games can now be filtered near your level

GRAPHICAL
*Many wardrobe tweaks and fixes

BORING
*Various alterations were made to better support translated versions of the game, and to detect and deal with other language items during trading

http://forums.runicg...php?f=30&t=41127

fenixproductions

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38 AM »
new patch has gone live!
I've lost fun after this :(
I had no problems with this game and it was running perfectly well previously but now I have desync issues all the time on LAN (didn't try online after update).
It is so bad that I can see my bro running around with me clearing the level, while he sees me standing at one place all time. And each level loads few f****n minutes (were just seconds before).

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 05:32 AM »
if you've finished Torchlight 2 and been looking for a reason to play the game again, take a look at Synergies. This total conversion adds new quests, monsters and loot. plus a new class - the Necromancer!

http://www.synergiesmod.com/