ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Contest - Come up with a novel idea for DonationCredits

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
matching credits - now that is brilliant.
ok you win a prize with that one. makes so much sense. we can have funds where the site promises to pledge matching credits. really nice idea.

mouser:
It would be like the "search for a specific user" feature, but would list all the members that posted at once. Then you could go down the list and give as you see fit.
--- End quote ---

this is actually a good idea as well.. just have to figure out how to implement it in current framework.

Perry Mowbray:
I like the graphics idea too, but I guess where it really works is when it fits with THIS community; so it has some focus.

Another idea (which again is done on other sites, as well as here in various places) is an experts exchange (funny: this whole site is an experts exchange). It actually was Hirudin's quote:
Have an easy way to donate to everyone who has partisipated in a topic. It would be like the "search for a specific user" feature, but would list all the members that posted at once. Then you could go down the list and give as you see fit.
-Hirudin (April 07, 2006, 06:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Made me think of posting a question in a specific forum and various people post replies and answers; the ability to view a list of repliers with the option of donating would be helpful, not only to the original poster but other people who the thread has helped.

Cpilot:
i'm not saying this is a good or a bad idea, Cpilot, but aren't there other forums that cater for this already?
--- End quote ---
Possibly, but then again there are other websites that contract custom written software also. If you go by that argument coding snacks become moot.
The difference is in the uniqueness of someone throwing out a request and several people using their different talents to provide a solution. Then people have several to choose from.
Plus it would be another way for non-coders and/or non-writers to participate in receiving donation credits for their talents.

jgpaiva:
As I've said before in another threads, I don't think that's the right way to think. Coding snacks "by contract" is not the right way to go. It goes against the concept of coding snacks, I think the right way to do it is if the person likes the helper's answer, then the person can donate. If the person can't donate, then, they can express their thanks in other ways. So, al least the way I see it, coding snacks section can't really be compared to "ther websites that contract custom written software". I'm not in any ways saying your idea is not good, I'm just enphasising that coding snacks don't have to be payed, it's up to the requester's conscience to decide so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version