Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 04:28:39 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: scrolling window - how2 get single captures instead of a merged superimage  (Read 2322 times)
dlps
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:02:15 AM »

Thanks to the donationcoder team I was able to test their screenshot captor tool for free, for which I am grateful.

There is a special and obviously powerful element within the Capture tool collection called "Grab ... scrolling window"  thumbs up  thumbs up

What I missed or was not able to find, as an option, was the possibility to autosave every single window capture (during the automatic scrolling of the scroll window) as independent/single file (see a more detailed description in the post script). The program automatically merges all window captures together so that one "only" is able to save the resulting merged superwindow/image/page.  While this is likely very helpful or even desired by other users, I would very much like to be able to have separate files which I would be able to partly delete/merge etc. by my own necessities later on.

In case this is possible already - please let me know how to automatically get single window captures within an automated scroll procedure (pgdown triggered by the screenshot capture program itself).

Alternatively - how much would a donation have to be (Student at the University of Vienna) so to enable somebody to include this program element to the screenshot captor program?

Thanks a heap for any suggestions  smiley

P.S: (detailed description of how I conducted the screen captures and where I missed additional save options):

Capture ->Grab windows object or scrolling window -> Ctrl click [on the scroll window of interest]-> Begin a scrolling window capture on this object -> [the Object and scrolling capture tool] menu                [appears]:

On the "Vertical Scrolling" I choose: "Scroll by pages" + "Method Simulate Key Presses" + "Stop: Capture until max below" + "maximum scrolls: 50"

-> ok, begin scrolling... -> another [Object and scrolling capture tool] menu appears

Now I am "only" able to save the whole set of screenshots as single, merged file. However, I would prefer to get every of those screenshots as single files (e.g. screensh01, screenshot02, screenshotXX...) so that I would later be able to delete or format to my own likings and have single (manageble) small files rather than large and slow images (often too large for further manipulation) .

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 02:04:48 PM »

There is no option to do it yet, but i can add one without too much trouble.
dlps
Participant

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:22:27 AM »

That would be great, and I hope many others would profit from such an additional function too!  Thmbsup

Wish I was as talented in programming...

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:46:01 PM »

To help me prioritize this, can I ask if anyone else has use for such functionality?
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 02:52:41 AM »

On a couple of occasions now I've wished for this capability - I know it's been requested a few times as well (within other threads), with some support, but I dont have time now to search...

I wanted it for embedding images in a word/PDF document.

Tom
ralfs
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 02:59:48 AM »

I think "Grab scrolling window" is specially made for prevent users to combine many single pictures of a "scrolling window" after grabbing them.

If I don't want this automatically combining of the parts to a big picture, I can use single shots.

Ralf
x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »

If I don't want this automatically combining of the parts to a big picture, I can use single shots.

Same here, I use a scrolling capture if I want Mouser to merge the pictures for me, and if not then I take my own separate snaps of the different parts.  This can be useful for writing documentation, where an "auto scrolled" separate snapshot might not be scrolled to a logical screen break.

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
John Edwards
Participant

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »

I have a similar problem where I have to keep up to date on certain government legislation. Unfortunately they don't put in page numbers so I can't select which pages I want to print. Doing copy and paste to Word or a PDF conversion program brings mixed results. Maybe its just because it's a government document.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.1 ]