ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

Wanted: better desktop icon grouping system

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jibz:
I have no icons on the desktop, I keep them all in True Launch Bar [TLB].
-Curt (August 16, 2015, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I stopped having icons on the desktop a couple of years ago as well, and started using FARR for launching programs.

4wd:
Everything you request can easily be done with Splinter... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHXsM1K2GfM&t=3m43s-dmd7978 (August 14, 2015, 06:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Content Warning

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in

[This video is private]-YouTube
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
 :tellme:

-Curt (August 16, 2015, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

CrystalXP.net forum post with some videos that don't require you to sign in to Youtube: Splinter - Anything can be Anything

wraith808:
Can someone explain it?  I'm not going to look at a video just to see about software...

lifespurpose:
From the original poster, lifespurpose: I was hoping for something dead simple to use and very clean/compact in appearance, with a desktop not entirely empty (it would still have the icons/buttons to invoke the grouped launch buttons/icons) but uncluttered. Unlike a task bar, the group icons/buttons could be positioned anywhere, like program icons.
I could do a crude version, I think, using Stickies (which can be rolled up to just a title bar), with each stickie having a list of links to the programs in it. But the links would be ugly text-only and likely quite long. If Stickies allowed links to be a descriptive short name (hiding the actual address) that would come closer.

wraith808:
I'm not sure whom that last post was aimed at.  I was asking for an explanation of Splinter.

As far as your specifications, fences does that.  Right click on desktop, drag the area to the desired size, and in the right click menu, create fence.  Then drop your icons there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version