ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (25/39) > >>

AndyM:
instead of the dialog window 'jumping' to the mouse cursor position, how about the dialog window was seen to move to the cursor position, i.e. there was a little bit of animation involved - say one or two steps that the window would travel along a path until it landed under the cursor.

i can imagine this looking quite nice if it was smooth enough but it would probably look horrible if it was too jerky.
-nudone (August 26, 2006, 12:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Myself, I kinda like the instantaneous automagical appearance of the dialog box under my cursor.  Even months later an occasional "damn that's neat" still comes out.

nudone:
i agree - as that is really the point of dialogmove.

i only thought about the animated move idea as i have one or two windows that appear in the center of the screen AND then jump to the cursor position. most of the time the dialog window appears directly under the cursor without first appearing in the center of the screen.

it's the very few times that the dialog window appears in the center first and then jumps that looks a bit odd - i just thought it might be a bit more pleasing on the eye if in these cases the dialog travelled across the screen instead of jumped.

it is a very small annoyance and i wouldn't expect jgpaiva to consider it seriously unless he was very bored and seeking a problem to solve. well, if jgpaiva thinks it's a bad idea anyway then i'd be happy to forget about it.

the previous suggestion of dialog jumping so that highlighted button rests under cursor is really what i'd like to see implemented.

AndyM:
the previous suggestion of dialog jumping so that highlighted button rests under cursor is really what i'd like to see implemented.
--- End quote ---

That would be especially slick.

jgpaiva:
i agree - as that is really the point of dialogmove.

i only thought about the animated move idea as i have one or two windows that appear in the center of the screen AND then jump to the cursor position. most of the time the dialog window appears directly under the cursor without first appearing in the center of the screen.

it's the very few times that the dialog window appears in the center first and then jumps that looks a bit odd - i just thought it might be a bit more pleasing on the eye if in these cases the dialog travelled across the screen instead of jumped.
-nudone (August 27, 2006, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunatelly, there's no way to solve that :(
Dialogmove moves all windows as fast as it can, which means that somethimes the user doesn't see it coming up and other times it does. (but it comes up always in the center, only then it's moved). The script itself doesn't have any idea if the window appeared to the user or not, so i cannot make it behave differently in those cases.. Sorry

As for your other request, i'm right now working on it!

nudone:
excellent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version