ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (13/39) > >>

nudone:
excellent news, unfortunately i won't be able to try it until later tonight.

nudone:
just been testing the new version out and it seems pretty perfect. i think now it's just a case of using it for a few days to see if any other suggestions spring to mind.

i can see that there will possibly always be something that works contrary to what you thought would happen but as 'dialogmove' can't be telepathic i think it's doing a brilliant job now.

i wonder what you think to this 'mode' of operation - specified detectable windows set to always move should be ignored in the buffer?

i guess if there was a configuration box that the user could select various options from instead of editing the ini file would be good - i'm thinking more for people that will be scared away by the thought of editing an ini file.

on a more personal note: if i add extra commands to the script - things like shortcut keys for me to move/minimise/restore/maximise a window - do you think this will be better than running a separate script at the same time. i guess the cpu cycles involved are that minimal between the two options it's a daft question???

anyway, you've done a really fantastic job, jgpaiva. you are my hero.

jgpaiva:
just been testing the new version out and it seems pretty perfect. i think now it's just a case of using it for a few days to see if any other suggestions spring to mind.-nudone (April 12, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Good to know that!  :Thmbsup:

i can see that there will possibly always be something that works contrary to what you thought would happen but as 'dialogmove' can't be telepathic-nudone (April 12, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it can't guess, but maybe V10 will ;)

i wonder what you think to this 'mode' of operation - specified detectable windows set to always move should be ignored in the buffer?-nudone (April 12, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Makes very much sense to me, that's actually a bug, i forgot that. Will fix in the next version.

i guess if there was a configuration box that the user could select various options from instead of editing the ini file would be good - i'm thinking more for people that will be scared away by the thought of editing an ini file.-nudone (April 12, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's on the ToDo list, i'm also not a fan of editing .ini files.

on a more personal note: if i add extra commands to the script - things like shortcut keys for me to move/minimise/restore/maximise a window - do you think this will be better than running a separate script at the same time. i guess the cpu cycles involved are that minimal between the two options it's a daft question???-nudone (April 12, 2006, 10:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Running a new script only for that would take you about 4mb of memory. No need for that, you can add the new hotkeys to the end of DialogMove.ahk! :)

nudone:
just a little bug so far: i appear to be getting 'ahk_class #32770' in both the detectablewindows and notdetectablewindows sections in the ini file when i press F9 and F10, i.e. it appears that this is a common way for windows to identify a dialog so it breaking how things work.

emule, confirm shortcut delete, find, and probably a few others i didn't realise share the ahk_class #32770 identifier.

would it be possible for the F9 and F10 shortcut key methods of accepting or blocking dialogs to be done by matching a string in the title bar of the dialog.

i thought this was already catered for in an earlier version but as things have become more complex it looks like it's broken.

otherwise things appear to be working great it's just the ahk_class #32770 that seems to get in the way.

jgpaiva:
Regarding the "ahk_class #32770 bug", i was a bit aware of that. I used that way of detecting windows because it's more unique, and works even when the window doesn't have a title, or even more importantly, when a window has a changing title. (this usually happens in browsers or editors). But since the person can use the "NotDetectableWindows" variable to avoid those situations, i guess i could have it identifying through window name, or some sort of combination of both, or maybe have other 2 hotkeys for adding through ahk_class. I still don't know how to do it, but i'll try to solve it.
I'm now on vacations, which means I can't fix it right now, but you ight expect a new version for next monday or tuesday.

Have a happy easter! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version