ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (11/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
I sure hope this feature can be toggled off if it's implemented.-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Don't worry, it sure will be toggable.

Windows I position I never want to jump to the cursor.  Windows I want to jump I'll always want to jump (I like the window jumping to just above the taskbar when I give them focus by clicking on a taskbar button).-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sorry, i don't quite understand what you mean.

Btw, howcum I've never had the shrinking problem?  (not that I'm complaining)
-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 06:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
You know what? you might have the solution for the our problem! :D
Let's try to find out why you don't have the problem. Please tell me:

* what's the AHK version you have? (if you double-click the tray icon, it's at the window title)
* if you open the AHK help file and try minimizing and restoring it through the taskbar button (by clicking it repeatedly), doesn't the window eventually disappear? (please try this with a "clean instalation" of the script, IE, without having any .ini file at the directory. please use the latest uploaded version, since it's the only that creates a .ini without any NotDetectableWindows.)

AndyM:
You know what? you might have the solution for the our problem! :D
Let's try to find out why you don't have the problem. Please tell me:

* what's the AHK version you have? (if you double-click the tray icon, it's at the window title)
* if you open the AHK help file and try minimizing and restoring it through the taskbar button (by clicking it repeatedly), doesn't the window eventually disappear? (please try this with a "clean instalation" of the script, IE, without having any .ini file at the directory. please use the latest uploaded version, since it's the only that creates a .ini without any NotDetectableWindows.)
--- End quote ---

v 1.0.42.03

repeatedly clicked on the helpfile's taskbar button and after a dozen or so cycles of minimize and restore, the help window shrunk to about an 1 1/2" titlebar.

I followed your instructions and used a clean v 1.5 script, and it created a new .ini.

I should say that otherwise, I don't use the .ini file.  I was getting mixed up when modifying and reloading the script (and don't want to use F9 and F10), so I vanished the last part of the code reading and writing the .ini file, and all references to it.  I'd rather have everything in one place.

But the short time I used the .ini file, I didn't have shrinking windows, other than the Help file thing.

The Help screen shrinking does happen even with the code without the .ini file (but it seems to take more clicks, 2 dozen?, to make it shrink.)

Windows I want to jump I'll always want to jump

--- End quote ---

Even if I've moved the dialog box, and then gone on to something else, I'll still want the dialog box to jump if I give it focus by clicking on it's taskbar button.  Viola, it jumps to just above the button, right above my cursor.

I am enjoying the way the script is working ;)

AndyM:
Just thought of something else.

If I didn't have my botton margin preference set to 60, so all windows don't jump below my two-row high Taskbar, the shrunk Help window would have "disappeared" under the taskbar.

Instead, when it shrunk to a 1-2" wide title bar, it jumped to just above the taskbar button.

jgpaiva:
v 1.0.42.03-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's similar to mine, so that can't be the problem.

repeatedly clicked on the helpfile's taskbar button and after a dozen or so cycles of minimize and restore, the help window shrunk to about an 1 1/2" titlebar.-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
That looks like you also have the problem, but the prior versions were making it not appear, since when you specified DetectableWindows, it wouldn't detect any window other than the ones in that list. Still, it looks like for you, it takes more cycles for it to break. I need to make a big thing out of this in the ahk forum, i believe it should be a bug in the way AHK gets the window sizes.

I should say that otherwise, I don't use the .ini file.  I was getting mixed up when modifying and reloading the script (and don't want to use F9 and F10), so I vanished the last part of the code reading and writing the .ini file, and all references to it.  I'd rather have everything in one place.-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
For not having the hotkeys, you could have set the "hotkey" variable to false :P

But the short time I used the .ini file, I didn't have shrinking windows, other than the Help file thing.
-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's most probably because you don't have any apps where this happens. I also only have 2 or 3 of them.

Even if I've moved the dialog box, and then gone on to something else, I'll still want the dialog box to jump if I give it focus by clicking on it's taskbar button.  Viola, it jumps to just above the button, right above my cursor.-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, i understand your point. But don't worry, you'll still be able to use it like that.

jgpaiva:
Just thought of something else.

If I didn't have my botton margin preference set to 60, so all windows don't jump below my two-row high Taskbar, the shrunk Help window would have "disappeared" under the taskbar.

Instead, when it shrunk to a 1-2" wide title bar, it jumped to just above the taskbar button.
-AndyM (April 10, 2006, 09:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's the behaviour i get now, too, since i added that margin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version