ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (10/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
I take your point, i've been anoyed by that problem too.
The buffer idea might solve it, I'll try implementing it. Shouldn't be much of a problem doing it, i'm only afraid it'll take more time.
I'll try, and we'll see! ;)

You're right, there was an error in the code, and every window was being moved. It's fixed now.
I also added the hotkey to add the window to the detectable windows. F10 is now associated with that function.

.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk

I just found a huge bug. I'm trying to fix it, but it might take some time. I'll post again when fixed.
[edit]ok, it looks like it's fixed. Please get the latest version. Be sure you don't have V1.3.x, since that one's VERY buggy[/edit]

nudone:
great. i know you can do it, jppaiva.  :D

nudone:
I take your point, i've been anoyed by that problem too.
The buffer idea might solve it, I'll try implementing it. Shouldn't be much of a problem doing it, i'm only afraid it'll take more time.
I'll try, and we'll see! ;)

You're right, there was an error in the code, and every window was being moved. It's fixed now.
I also added the hotkey to add the window to the detectable windows. F10 is now associated with that function.

.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove.ahk

I just found a huge bug. I'm trying to fix it, but it might take some time. I'll post again when fixed.
-jgpaiva (April 10, 2006, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

oh dear, i thought it was working quite well.

can i just also ask if you implemented the 'not move the window if it's already close to the cursor' feature. the dialogs that do jump seem to jump even when the cursor is very close to them - even if the cursor is within a few pixels of the dialog's edge.

jgpaiva:
oh dear, i thought it was working quite well.-nudone (April 10, 2006, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
To fix the windows moving too much, i made them not move at all. It is right now, i changed a few stuff, but i still get the damn shrink windows effect. (although i got a step closer to understanding it today)

can i just also ask if you implemented the 'not move the window if it's already close to the cursor' feature. the dialogs that do jump seem to jump even when the cursor is very close to them - even if the cursor is within a few pixels of the dialog's edge.
-nudone (April 10, 2006, 06:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, i had forgotten that one. Right now, it doesn't move the box if the cursor is already over the box. But that feature makes soo much sense. I'll try adding it tomorow, when i should be adding the buffer feature too.

AndyM:
really, it's only the 'new' dialog windows that appear that ought to jump - not the ones you've positioned. i know this is extending the definition of what i originally requested but i'm wondering could a 'buffer' be built into the script so that manually positioned windows stay were they are until they have been closed. on opening again they would be 'new' and so would be expected to jump to the cursor again.

-nudone (April 10, 2006, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I sure hope this feature can be toggled off if it's implemented.

Windows I position I never want to jump to the cursor.  Windows I want to jump I'll always want to jump (I like the window jumping to just above the taskbar when I give them focus by clicking on a taskbar button).

It seems like this is a feature that would make it easier to position the window the first time it appears, since it would be right at the cursor.  Is this really worth it?

Btw, howcum I've never had the shrinking problem?  (not that I'm complaining)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version