ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (9/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
That's true, Andy. I think what you required can be done and makes sense, I'll try to do it. ;)

if you think of further improvements it would be great to hear of them. the only things i can think of are cosmetic so aren't really worth mentioning.
-nudone (April 10, 2006, 11:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's a good point, i need to add an about box and a version number, now that it's got to a fully working version. (almost :( )

nudone:
Yes, that's a good point, i need to add an about box and a version number, now that it's got to a fully working version. (almost :( )
-jgpaiva (April 10, 2006, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

let the revolution begin...

jgpaiva:
I still didn't add it the "good looks", but i already have a screenshot for it, and changed 3 things:

* It now always moves windows if they're in the "DetectableWindows" list,
* Even if there is something in the "DetectableWindows", it still moves windows smaller than the given size (i need your opinion on this)
* Added a version number at the beggining of the source code.
.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk

PS: please notice that the dowload link changed. (I'll edit all my posts on this thread now)

[edit] should i add a hotkey for adding a window to the DetectableWindows list? [/edit]

nudone:
definitely add a hotkey - the more user options the better.

it might be too early to say how the 'final' version should work. maybe it requires that there are several user 'modes'.

i'm just playing around at the moment with it moving larger windows than what i originally hoped for.

this does work well for the most part but i've also noticed one annoying thing. as a new dialog is found it moves it to the cursor - great. that's good. but if there are other small windows that you have got open at the same time they obviously jump to the cursor as they become the window with focus. this is what you'd expect to happen of course as that is what 'dialogmove' is meant to do.

but...

if the small windows have been manually positioned on screen and they have been open for a while then it isn't required that they jump to the cursor. really, it's only the 'new' dialog windows that appear that ought to jump - not the ones you've positioned. i know this is extending the definition of what i originally requested but i'm wondering could a 'buffer' be built into the script so that manually positioned windows stay were they are until they have been closed. on opening again they would be 'new' and so would be expected to jump to the cursor again.

as for the several modes i speak of, i'm thinking along the lines of 'yes' to the new features you've mentioned above - that seems an essential feature to have. but how about trying to cover every eventuality. so, can we have 'detectable' windows always move, 'notdetectable' windows never move, windows below a particular 'height' always move (system dialog messages appear to be quite short in height and can be quite wide), windows below a set height and width move or don't move depending the users preference, windows above a set height and width never move (maybe that redundant).

er, i think there was more but i can't think now, maybe that was all there was. i'm just trying to think how 'dialogmove' can work in a 'fuzzy' way as there appears to be a grey area of what is expected to move and what isn't.

nudone:
is that last version working correctly, i'm finding that it's moving every window i open not just the small ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version