ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (8/39) > >>

nudone:
Btw, I've never had the shrinking window problem you and nudone have experienced (running XP Pro, SP2).

-AndyM (April 09, 2006, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
do you use any progams that use 'tabs' or window panes inside the main 'parent' window? i've only had the shrink window problem with these types of programs. i imagine that the window properties get messed up in these kinds of programs so that autohotkey doesn't know how to treat them. maybe jgpaiva can say if things are not quite like that.

AndyM:

do you use any progams that use 'tabs' or window panes inside the main 'parent' window? i've only had the shrink window problem with these types of programs. i imagine that the window properties get messed up in these kinds of programs so that autohotkey doesn't know how to treat them. maybe jgpaiva can say if things are not quite like that.
-nudone (April 09, 2006, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think QuickBooks has windows like what you are talking about, but things have been ok there as far as I can tell (I don't use QB that often).

jgpaiva:
I really like the way this is going. It's becoming quite a good script.
I still couldn't solve the problem (unfortunatelly, i'm not having much feedback at AHKforum either :( ), but i found a small workaround.
it does feel a bit crippled at the moment with it only matching specific windows on my machine.
-nudone (April 09, 2006, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
The problem was that it was looking for a complete match, so, it wouldn't work with windows that displayed a path on the title bar, or something like that. It's fixed now, for example, if you set the variables to:

--- ---DetectableWindows=PSPad,testmessage
NotDetectableWindows=ahk_class TMainForm,ahk_class Winamp v1.x,Autohotkey Help
It'll detect any windows with "PSPad" or "testmessage" on it's title, wherever that string is found on the title.
It'll not detect find and run robot (the first parameter, makes that, because it's the farr's winclass), nor winamp's windows (defined by the "Winamp v1.x" class), nor it'll move Autohotkey Help file, since it has that string in it's name.

Notice that now, these values have to be CSV (comma separated values).
It now has a new hotkey (F9), which allows you to add a window to the "NotDetectableWindows" variable. IE, you find a window that gives you problems, press F9 with it activated, and next time it won't be detected. No more problems with that.

Another good adition is the ability of setting upper, lower, right and left margins. This can be acomplished through ScreenTop, ScreenBottom, ScreenLeft and ScreenRight.

I also added a .ini file for configuration, and this script also has gone .exe, which means that people without AHK installed can use it too! :)

.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk

nudone:
brilliant. that's made a big difference. using the F9 key has solved my shrinking windows woes.

i do find that i get better results with the PredefWinHeight value to more than 400, say, 500 pixels. not really had time to test things with normal use so i can't say which system windows will or will not be caught be this value.

it all seems to be working pretty well to me at the moment so i have to say i'm thrilled with what you've been able to do.

if you think of further improvements it would be great to hear of them. the only things i can think of are cosmetic so aren't really worth mentioning.

AndyM:

--- ---DetectableWindows=PSPad,testmessage
It'll detect any windows with "PSPad" or "testmessage" on it's title, wherever that string is found on the title.

-jgpaiva (April 10, 2006, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

But if the window with "PSPad" somewhere in it's title is bigger than PredefWinHeight/Width it still won't move it.  At least it doesn't appear to.

If I'm right, can you fix DetectableWindows= to override any other exclusion?

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version