ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (6/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
I have good news.
I have implemented the new funcions.
At the beggining of the script, you'll find 2 variables names "DetectableWindows" and "NotDetectableWindows".
If you set any of them to some value, they wil be considered. I.E. if you set "DetectableWindows" to Open§Run§Save As§Save, it will only detect those windows. If you don't set it to anything, it will detect all windows but the ones on the "NotDetectableWindows" variable.
I've tested it a bit, and it looks like it's working quite well now, no strange behaviours anymore! :D

(BTW, if you want this to work with open/save dialogs, you might have to increase the detectable windows size)

[edit]When i mean the script has no problems, i mean it works very well if you set it some "DetectableWindows". As for the other problem, I was unnable to solve it, and have already posted at AHK's forum.[/edit]

.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk

AndyM:
I have 5 windows I don't want to move, so I had added:

--- ---    IfWinActive, ahk_class TformClockFloatingForm
      return
    IfWinActive, ahk_class TformStopwatchFloatingForm
      return
    IfWinActive, Online
      return
    IfWinActive, Calculator
      return
    IfWinActive, Volume Control
      return
With the new script, if I want to move everything else, I assume I would set

DetectableWindows=

Would I have 5 lines beginning with "NotDetectableWindows=", one for
each window, or would it all be shown on one line?  How would it look?

-------------------

Btw, if anyone else is interested in not having windows moved
underneath the task bar, I changed

If (MouseY + WinHeight/2 > ScreenHeight)
        FinalWinY := ScreenHeight - WinHeight

to    

If (MouseY + WinHeight/2 > ScreenHeight)
        FinalWinY := ScreenHeight - WinHeight -50

Andy

jgpaiva:
With the new script, if I want to move everything else, I assume I would set

DetectableWindows=

Would I have 5 lines beginning with "NotDetectableWindows=", one for
each window, or would it all be shown on one line?  How would it look?
--- End quote ---
To use that function, you need to set:

--- ---DetectableWindows=
NotDetectableWindows=Online§Calculator§Volume Control
But this only works for the titles of the windows, you cannot use ahk_class. But that's a good point, I've changed it.
So, to ignore the windows you mentioned, the 2 variables should be set like this:

--- ---DetectableWindows=
NotDetectableWindows=Online§Calculator§Volume Control§ahk_class TformStopwatchFloatingForm§ahk_class TformClockFloatingForm
Don't forget to get the new version (.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe .ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk)

Btw, if anyone else is interested in not having windows moved
underneath the task bar, I changed

--- End quote ---
Good point, I'll add 2 variables to prevent that. But the way you mentioned, only works for people with the taskbar at the bottom of the screen ;)

nudone:
thanks for all the great work so far, jppaiva. DC credits will be on the way shortly. i'm just trying to get things working here but i'm not really finding a way to avoid the shrinking window problem.

i've also noticed that in the code above you put 'DetectableWindows' and 'NotDetectableWindows' shouldn't both of these variables (or constants, i can't remember the terminology) have the 's' taken off of them so they match the rest of your code?

if i could just get 'maxthon' and 'notepad++' to stop shrinking i'd be very happy.

jgpaiva:
thanks for all the great work so far, jppaiva. DC credits will be on the way shortly. i'm just trying to get things working here but i'm not really finding a way to avoid the shrinking window problem.
-nudone (April 09, 2006, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
The problem still is there, but it doesn't happen if you set something in the DetectableWindows variable.

i've also noticed that in the code above you put 'DetectableWindows' and 'NotDetectableWindows' shouldn't both of these variables (or constants, i can't remember the terminology) have the 's' taken off of them so they match the rest of your code?
-nudone (April 09, 2006, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
No, not really, the thing is that there is a 'DetectableWindow' function that checks if the title or class of the current window is in the 'DetectableWindows' variable (defined at the beggining of the code). I'm sorry, but i'm really lousy at coming up with names for such things :(
On the next version, this script will go .exe, which means it'll have a .ini, and setting this options will be easier.

Have you tried setting the DetectableWindows to "open§run§some other dialogs you want§"? it should make the shrinking windows problem go away...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version