ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (2/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
Let me se.. You want a script that would move every active dialog smaller than a given size to a place very close to the mouse?

nudone:
Let me se.. You want a script that would move every active dialog smaller than a given size to a place very close to the mouse?
-jgpaiva (April 06, 2006, 06:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

that pretty much sums it up. like i say, i've had it working except for the bit about it releasing the window once it has moved it. it would be useful if an 'exclude' list could be used to prevent certain small windows moving maybe - but that defeats the whole point of it.

jgpaiva:
Although it's not bullet-proof (yet ;)), please check if this is what you're looking for:
.exe file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.exe
.ahk file: http://jgpaiva.dcmembers.com/CS/DialogMove/DialogMove.ahk

nudone:
Although it's not bullet-proof (yet ;)), please check if this is what you're looking for:
DialogMove.ahk
-jgpaiva (April 06, 2006, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

great. it's almost there. i'm getting better results with this at the moment:

PredefWinHeight:=600
PredefWinWidth:=600

it does appear to be doing a few strange things - reducing the size of some windows to just their title bars when bringing them back into focus.

the bit about preventing the dialog box jumping to off the screen edge needs to be implemented and it would be a lot better if the dialog box centered itself under the cursor when it makes the jump - providing this doesn't conflict with the opening off the screen edge.

jppaiva, i shall try to understand your script and modify it but i would be grateful if you carried on with this little project.

thanks for the work so far. DC credits will be on their way.

jgpaiva:
PredefWinHeight:=600
PredefWinWidth:=600-nudone (April 06, 2006, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that was only the test value I selected, it will be costumizable.

it does appear to be doing a few strange things - reducing the size of some windows to just their title bars when bringing them back into focus.-nudone (April 06, 2006, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
That worries me. It wasn't supposed to. I will try to reproduce that.

the bit about preventing the dialog box jumping to off the screen edge needs to be implemented and it would be a lot better if the dialog box centered itself under the cursor when it makes the jump - providing this doesn't conflict with the opening off the screen edge.-nudone (April 06, 2006, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, as I said, it still isn't bullet-proof, i was only checking if this is what you're looking for.

jppaiva, i shall try to understand your script and modify it but i would be grateful if you carried on with this little project.-nudone (April 06, 2006, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, sure I will ;)

thanks for the work so far. DC credits will be on their way.
-nudone (April 06, 2006, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
How about waiting to see if someone posts a better solution?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version