ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (38/39) > >>

jgpaiva:
AndyM: has it been working well for you? Then it probably won't make any difference.
I also corrected a few lines of code that looked like a bug, but if you haven't noticed it, then probably this update will be pretty much the same :)

SingingBoyo: actually, I'd say that with free software, if what you have now is working, you probably don't want to update: the developer might have introduced new bugs :P

AndyM:
It has been working well, for a long time.  Once it a while it still does something odd, usually moving a window that shouldn't have moved (too big).

If that sort of thing happens again, I'll try the new code.  Might anyway.

nudone:
(just pm'ed you, jgpaiva.)

i'll be giving this 2.0 version a great deal of testing when i get back to my multi-screen setup. i am so excited about this.

whilst i had a dual screen setup it didn't seem so crucial to have DialogMove working on both screens - but now i've gone to the multi-screen setup (4 screens), having DialogMove work on all screens is going to be absolutely fantastic - it really, really, is going to make a difference to my day.

thanks for spending time on this, jgpaiva.

SingingBoyo:
SingingBoyo: actually, I'd say that with free software, if what you have now is working, you probably don't want to update: the developer might have introduced new bugs :P
-jgpaiva (April 24, 2010, 02:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

What, is this a beta version? Or worse, alpha?  Just deal with the bugs now, then you can get the developer to fix them before you actually NEED the new features :P

jgpaiva:
No, this is supposed to be a full version (unless I was using that irrational numbering scheme of KDE where the 'X.0' versions mean beta/alpha).
But with free software (to be fair, with ALL software - free software only suffers more from this syndrome because it doesn't have such extensive testing), you really never know if the developer didn't add a few more bugs to the code when fixing others :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version