ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (31/39) > >>

nudone:
i wondered if it was the 'don't move the window if it's already under the mouse' feature but it's not that.

i'm wondering if it's something to do with the list of name that i had in the 'move these windows' box. when there is only 'Save As' in the list of windows to move it appears to work okay. as soon as others are added to the list then it becomes a bit random.

i really haven't tested it enough yet to spot what's happening so when i say it works when there is only 'Save As' in the 'move this window' section then i could well be very wrong.

i shall try changing a few rules for size matching and see what happens.

(i'm about ready to fetch my big lump hammer out of the shed in a minute and smash the computer up into little pieces - it's being naughty again and i really have about lost my patience with it. i'm trying to think of what life i can live without ever having to turn a computer on again.)

ayryq:
Is it possible to exclude the window that pops up when I press alt-tab (in Vista)? Hotkeys don't seem to be able to catch it.

Thanks,
Eric

nudone:
Is it possible to exclude the window that pops up when I press alt-tab (in Vista)? Hotkeys don't seem to be able to catch it.

Thanks,
Eric
-ayryq (April 13, 2009, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

i had the same problem. i don't think there is a solution other than using a different alt-tab program.

i'm using TaskSwitchXP http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswitchxp.html so the standard alt-tab window nolonger appears. also, i think the standard vista alt-tab box is very annoying - it's very difficult to differentiate the icons and thumbnails.

if you do use TaskSwitchXP, you'll probably have to get the settings just right to make the most of it. if so, just ask and i'll go through the settings i'm using.

edit:
i probably should post my setting for dialogmove too. i don't think the default rules are quite right for the most enjoyable use.

tomos:
for those of us not in the know,
could you describe briefly - or link to a description of what this programme does? (& how it does it?)

JG has no home page for his apps but I know he's a busy man too... :)

lanux128:
for those of us not in the know,
could you describe briefly - or link to a description of what this programme does? (& how it does it?)-tomos (April 13, 2009, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

you can check out the link in jgpaiva's sig, which leads to this page and also here's the about box which also might help explaining about this program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version