Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 26, 2014, 10:10:15 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AppendDate  (Read 2516 times)
c.gingerich
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 11, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »

Since I write a lot of code and have tone of versions and files and archive a lot of files. I used to manually add the date to the end of files, but I started doing it so much I made an app for it. This adds an AppendDate item to the context menu of files. When you select it, it adds the current date to the end of the file name (i.e. MyFile_20120511.txt) You can change the date format in the settings dialog. Hope you find it as useful as I do.

[UPDATE]
Now works on folders

[EDIT]
Made it so you can make your own format string to add to the file. See the ReadMe.txt for format options.

* AppendDateSetup.exe (1844.45 KB - downloaded 85 times.)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 10:23:52 AM by c.gingerich » Logged

Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »

Could it (optionally) add the date before the name, instead of at the end? That is an often used way of archiving Wink
Also the underscore-separator would optimally be a configurable option, and be able to leave it out, imho...

c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 01:23:28 PM »

I think I can do that.  smiley

Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 01:25:20 PM »

Oh, and 'separator' only has 1 e, but 2 a's embarassed

tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:01:34 PM »

I had to double check that one - probably been misspelling it for years...

EDIT/ +1 to the date as prefix to filename request

Tom
daddydave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »

I had to double check that one - probably been misspelling it for years...

My memory of hearing that separator has "a rat" in it has outlasted my memory of the name of the teacher who taught me that.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »

I had to double check that one - probably been misspelling it for years..

My memory of hearing that separator has "a rat" in it has outlasted my memory of the name of the teacher who taught me that.

sounds memorable all right smiley
- but our problem is with the "par" as opposed to "per". Could remember it via golf (par) but not even half as memorable as a rat ;-)

Tom
joiwind
Participant

carpe momentum

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:41:59 PM »

Most European countries use DDMMYYYY - possible to add please ?

.: I use K-Meleon - the browser you can control - but I love Pale Moon too :.
c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:46:48 PM »

Update. Looks like a few like the idea so I made it so you can make your own format string to add to the file (and Prepend to file). See the ReadMe.txt for format options. Download from first post and see updated screen shot.

Sorry about the spelling, It's not my strong suit. :-)

nogojoe
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2012, 01:34:59 AM »

Update. Looks like a few like the idea so I made it so you can make your own format string to add to the file (and Prepend to file). See the ReadMe.txt for format options. Download from first post and see updated screen shot.

Sorry about the spelling, It's not my strong suit. :-)

handy app thanks   Thmbsup  could you add that it can apply to folders as well ?

Often the most convincing people are those who have lost the plot so much they don't recognize the difference between fact and fantasy
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2012, 03:49:32 AM »

Works like a charm, thanks!

c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »

Thanks. I think i can have it work on folders also. I'll add that next.

c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 10:24:16 AM »

Updated. It now works on folders. Download from first post.

x16wda
Supporting Member

what am I doing in this handbasket?

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 10:47:26 AM »

Useful - thanks! thumbs up

vi vi vi - editor of the beast
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.08 ]