topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:34 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SkyDrive Video Thumbnail Issue  (Read 3799 times)

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SkyDrive Video Thumbnail Issue
« on: May 07, 2012, 04:32 AM »
Hi all,

I have a couple of questions with regards to SkyDrive:

1. I uploaded a few video clips on SkyDrive and noticed that it did not show up the thumbnails of all the video formats. It is so difficult and frustrating to figure out which video to open without thumnails. Some videos have names like "D02_001.mpg" etc. Have you noticed your uploaded videos without thumbnails?

2. I have like 4 GB of stuff in my SkyDrive account and noticed that when I installed and ran the SkyDrive desktop app on my desktop, the program started downloading all the 4 GB of stuff to my computer. I understand the idea over here is to sync the files, but this is not what I want. Is there a way to prevent this? I mean I should only be able to upload the files using the desktop app but it should not download the stuff already in my account.

3. Is there any other service (with a pretty decent free space like 5 GB or so) which overcomes the above two points?

Thanks

Nzyme

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Nzyme

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SkyDrive Video Thumbnail Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:39 PM »
1): https://www.google.c...ate+video+thumbnails

@Curt: Thanks for the link. But I would have appreciated if you answered my query to the point.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SkyDrive Video Thumbnail Issue
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 04:23 AM »
-of course you would. Sorry!  :-[

Video thumbnail pictures are "hidden", so when you backup to SkyDrive, you must also backup hidden files, if possible, or first 'un-hide' them.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 07:25 AM by Curt »