topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Poll

Did you try this one?

Yes, I love it!
Yes, but I didn't like it so much (please post below!)
No, it's not that interesting.

Last post Author Topic: DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative  (Read 88325 times)

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2006, 06:36 AM »
I'm still having this strange problem - DimSaver dims for a split-second, then undims, and only after some more time THEN really dims.

Also, when I'm having Faststone Image Viewer display an image when DimSaver kicks in, the cursor will be moved to the 0,0 position on the screen :huh:

I'd be extremely delighted if this could be fixed - or if someone would send me an older version of DimSaver to test this behavior, since I'm pretty sure older versions didn't have this problem.

mixxster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2007, 11:31 AM »
Hey I love this screensaver!
I have just one problem: the screensaver seems to completely ignore mouse movement once it is done fading to the set darkness level.  Once faded to the set darkness level, I can move the mouse around for an hour, and it still will not undim itself unless I click the mouse or press a key.  The mouse cursor hides when fading begins, and will never show up again once if it is at the set darkness level, unless clicked or key is pressed.

If I move the mouse while the screen is fading however, I have no problem, and the screen returns to normal.

My settings:
Start of Day: 7:00
Darkness:255 (however, any darkness setting returns the same problem)
Start of Night:22:00
Darkness:255
Darken Speed:
Steps:255
Delay:0
Lighten Speed:
Steps:25
Delay:0
Actions that quit dimsaver:
Mouse Moves: Checked
Mouse Clicks: Checked
Keys: Checked
Mouse movement time before quiting:
50ms
I have no image or screensaver configured to load.

P.S. My XP install is only 1 day old, so I doubt I have any programs conflicting with the DimSaver. I only have 1 aditional app running in the background: Microsoft OneCare.

Edit: I have concluded that this only happens when no screensaver is selected to run.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 02:20 PM by mixxster »

krassonkel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I have just one problem: the screensaver seems to completely ignore mouse movement once it is done fading to the set darkness level.  Once faded to the set darkness level, I can move the mouse around for an hour, and it still will not undim itself unless I click the mouse or press a key.  The mouse cursor hides when fading begins, and will never show up again once if it is at the set darkness level, unless clicked or key is pressed.

If I move the mouse while the screen is fading however, I have no problem, and the screen returns to normal.

[...]

Edit: I have concluded that this only happens when no screensaver is selected to run.

Exactly the same problem here! Is there any possibility to get that fixes because I want to use DimSaver as my only screensaver =) Really really nice work btw!

ThalSwe

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • On my way
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2007, 01:54 PM »
Recently found this program and love it.  Had been hunting a program like this since I got my new widescreen lcd and had been satisfied with just having a dimming screensaver but when I found this and discovered the option for it to execute a second screensaver almost made me giddy of joy. Another piece of great and simple software skrommel.  :-*
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 12:29 PM by ThalSwe »

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2007, 03:21 AM »
Yeah, I like the latest version too! :-) And remember, when you use it, send skrommel a few bucks/DCredits if you can afford to do that.

Coeluh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Family Guy ^^
    • View Profile
    • Jeroen Coelen
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Question here: Could there be some option to dim the screen after x minutes and then after another x minutes turn off the monitor?

michaewlewis

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2010, 11:49 AM »
So, what's up with the 1px white lines on the edges of the screen?
Also, I can't run the screensaver if it is in the D:\Windows\System32 directory on Windows 7 64bit. If I try to run it or configure it, it pops up an error message that says "EXE corrupted". But I can copy that same file out of the system32 directory to C:\ and run it just fine.....
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:01 PM by michaewlewis »

Dreiraumzimmer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2014, 08:57 AM »
on x64, put it in %WINDIR%\SysWOW64