ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative

<< < (14/17) > >>

bds:
How can i get my keys?

Cavalcader:
How can i get my keys?
-bds (May 20, 2006, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Aren't they on the table by the door?  8)

No, seriously: click here.

mouser:
reminder: you dont need license keys for any of skrommel's software.
only certain software on this site (my big programs) require a license key.

in fact from Skromme's page (http://www.1hoursoftware.com/) you can download the pre-compiled exes as well as the original ahk source code to modify yourself.

skrommel kind of puts me to shame in that department  :-[

ps.
this is a good occassion to remind people that the DonationCredits system can be used to send Skrommel some credits.  Remember, when you donate you get 50% of your donation credits back to you in the form of DonationCredits, so you can choose where that money goes.  Just click on the $ next to someone's name to send them some of your credits. If you use skrommel's software and/or want to support his work, send him some credits!

Cavalcader:
Hey, brotherS, are you still running into that undimming bug? I just reread your note and saw that you're having to wait for the timeout to do your testing. I'm attaching a freeware program that starts the Windows currently-active saver as if the timeout happened.

For a fancier one the developer, Stardust Software, makes a tray-based saver control with more options, but the one I'm posting just runs, starts the saver, and quits again. I've got it on a hotkey, myself, as an alternative to locking the sytem when I step away (by hitting Win-L). This one's a whole 25k, so I didn't even bother to zip it.
  :)

mhallerman:
BrotherS,

Great app(s) - thanks for your work.

I have a question - I am not sure it's doable with DimSaver or another utility:

I wanted to be able to turn the monitor off on my notebook and while vnc'd into it from another pc, still be able to work (have the display "on" through the vnc link).  Basically I don't want to simply close or lower the lid because of the heat build-up.

Is there any way or feature to allow the use of the mouse and keystrokes when remoted in (maybe an option to not have the mouse or keys "wakeup" the monitor, but only some specific hotkey combo of sorts like shirt-ctrl-O), while the main display still remains off?  I am thinking what I want may not be easily done because I want one behaviour (monitor off) through the normal display and another (display normal) through the "remoted" view.

Thanks for any help/tips...
Mark.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version