ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative

<< < (5/17) > >>

brotherS:
Great, version 1.3 is running fine here so far, no high CPU load!

Now I only miss the "exclude list" idea (that I mentioned above - for keys that will *not* disable the screensaver) :)

skrommel:
 :tellme: Mouser, DimSave creates a window coverting all monitors, and changes the transparency. It's Autohotkey's transparency function that's so CPU intensive, and the bigger the window, the slower it is. I could make it skip every other transparency, but it would still use a lot of CPU. But afterwards it shold be fine. What delay have you entered in the settings dialog? Have you selected a screensaver to run next? There could be a bug in there...

brotherS, I think your problems with the WinActivate function is also related to the transparency, by always staying active. And to turn off the monitor afterwards, install my MonitorOffSaver. About the hotkeys, I'm not shure how to detect them.

Skrommel

brotherS:
brotherS, I think your problems with the WinActivate function is also related to the transparency, by always staying active.
-skrommel (April 10, 2006, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm... meaning there's no way around? :( Or that it has to be done in C++?

Another problem I have with the 1.3: for the second time in a row, it didn't disable itself when I moved the mouse and hit some keys. The options are set correctly.

Carol Haynes:
I find I get DimSaver using ~70% CPU cycles but only while it dims. Once it gets there it uses 0-1%. Not had problems exiting the screen saver though.

brotherS:
Skrommel?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version