ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative

<< < (4/17) > >>

mouser:
multimon not working here.

brotherS:
:) Try DimSaver v1.2. I've added multimonitor support and tweaked it some.

Please let me know if it works.
-skrommel (April 08, 2006, 11:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/#DimSaver still says "DimSaver v1.1" although it's 1.2.

I suggest you set all the 3 "Actions that closes DimSaver" on default, I was kinda puzzled when I updated to 1.2 and found no way to disable it (besided killing the task) :)

Hmm... for whatever reason DimSaver does not save the "Actions that closes DimSaver" settings here :(

And it's still using the night settings when testing it now.

skrommel:
 :-[ Please upgrade DimSaver to v1.3! And remember to remove the existing ini-file.

I've very sorry for last night's very buggy version. I had no multimonitor to test it on, the day and night settings weren't working (still don't know why), the values got swapped (so check the options window), the mousemove, -clicks and keys settings weren't saved, the list goes on. So take my advise and get to bed early - there's nothing like a good night's sleep!

Skrommel

Carol Haynes:
Is version 1.3 there? It is still listed as version 1.1 on the download page (even though you mention 1.2 in the text below)

mouser:
report on 1.3:
multimon works (well done)
dimsaver uses 89% of the cpu while its running - OUCH! if it uses this much even after screen is dimmed completely then this would be a show stopper for me since i don't want to have my cpu hitting 90% cpu overnight for no reason.
the dimming seems MUCH MUCH slower, even at fastest speed, than before.
it seems to Undim (and exit) after it finishes dimming! (ie 60 seconds) - i dont think this is intended :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version