ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative

<< < (3/17) > >>

brotherS:
@skrommel: thanks! How do you feel about adding an option to just turn the monitor off/enter low-energy-mode later instead of starting another another screensaver?

[Edit]:
There's a bug: I did set the day settings, but the night settings are being used.

Some more suggestions:
- add an "exclude list" for buttons that will NOT disable the screensaver! That way one would be able to use Winamp's Global hotkeys and other stuff without turning off the dimming! I'd love that :)
- you could also add options whether it should disable itself on keyboard and mouse activity or on one of those two only. I'm using a Miranda plugin which has such a feature (did I tell you I love being able to customize stuff? :D )

I added a poll at the top, please all take part! :)

mouser:
DimSaver - that is so damn cool.
sending some credits your way skrommel.

ps.
it only works on the primary monitor-  if you could find a way to do this for both monitors that would be phenomenal.

really really nice smooth effect!
i don't use a screensaver, but if this worked on both primary and secondary display, i would use this as my screensaver.

Carol Haynes:
Excellent - what a good idea  :Thmbsup:

brotherS:
I found another problem in the 1.1 (see for other problems above):

In one of my two running AHK scripts there's this code:

--- ---  [...]
  WinActivate, programX
  WinWaitActive, programX
  [...]

While DimSaver was actively dimming, that code wasn't executed - only when I moved the mouse to disable DimSaver, the other script was continuing.

When I was running PowerDimmer I never saw that happening.

skrommel:
 :) Try DimSaver v1.2. I've added multimonitor support and tweaked it some.

Please let me know if it works.

Skrommel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version