ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

tabbed Better Explorer for W7

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
For almost two years they have been repeatedly updating a replacement for Explorer: Better Explorer, now at version 2.0.0.861 Alpha. One special "feature" is, that if you are one of those people that have W7 and already have decided that you will not upgrade to W8, then this tabbed file manager just may be what you would like it to be, because so far it is for 32-bit Windows 7 only.
Edited: The "32 bit only" was a false rumor - sorry! Better Explorer works just fine on 64 bit as well.

Freeware, open source.
Home: "CodePlex, Project Hosting for Open Source Software": http://bexplorer.codeplex.com/.  

The main goals of this project are:
- Adding Ribbon Control UI like in Windows 8 (Implemented)
- Adding tab functionality together with use of standard explorer browser control (Implemented)
- Adding additional features like:

Changing Library icons (conditional tab for Libraries) (Implemented)
    File operation with files and folders(Implemented)
    Synchronized command promt
    Change of folder icons (conditional tab for folders)
    Extended Jump list support (Windows 7)(Implemented)
    Extended search conditional tab like extended search pane in Vista (Windows 7)(In progress. Most of them implemented)
--- End quote ---

click thumbnail picture to enlarge:

tabbed Better Explorer for W7

http://bexplorer.codeplex.com/

KynloStephen66515:
I wonder why theres no x64 support  :(

Curt:
I remember reading that 64 bit support would take the double number of DLLs. Better Explorer does work on 64 bit versions, but slower. And if it doesn't work, they have a reg file to make it do so. But in general I know nothing about Better Explorer because I stopped caring when I upgraded to 64 bit W7.

KynloStephen66515:
I remember reading that 64 bit support would take the double number of DLLs. Better Explorer does work on 64 bit versions, but slower. And if it doesn't work, they have a reg file to make it do so. But in general I know nothing about Better Explorer because I stopped caring when I upgraded to 64 bit W7.

-Curt (May 09, 2012, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

To be fair, I have no intention of using this, as I am not a fan of this Ribbon UI crap, just struck me as curious why they didn't add 64 support (Seeing as most Win7 users will be on 64bit)

Ath:
I remember reading that 64 bit support would take the double number of DLLs.-Curt (May 09, 2012, 05:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is a really lame excuse not to release a x64 version >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version