ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Portal 2 gets a new level maker! Woohoo - thousands of new levels

<< < (3/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
I have revamped my Labyrinthine Treasure Map with extra puzzles and challenges.

Can somebody have a go at it please (it is sitting there all lonely with no feedback on Steam - no thumbs up or down and the only comment is min - looks very sad and lonely).

I am quite pleased with it now and seems to have the right feel (but maybe that's because I designed it) - it would be really good to know if I am hitting the spot!

My other puzzle Flying About is also getting a facelift with whole new funnels and lasers section (coming soon).

I think one of the big problems with the new community editor for Portal 2 is that so many people are producing puzzles it is almost impossible to he visible in the community and an awful lot of frustrated designers have now taken to spamming other designers threads trying to get visitors. Apart from the Steam Workshop page there doesn't seem to be any way to promote custom maps and that page is seriously broken - search doesn't actually work - even when you know the name of the user and/or the name of the map you are looking for and the only maps displayed prominently are the ones with 5* ratings meaning it is impossible to get new maps off the start.

Carol Haynes:
New extended version of Flying About online now: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=68641863

I have tried to make the original puzzle slightly more obviously logical by only supplying the bits as you need them!

lanux128:
thanks for the link, i'm subscribed too.. though i just started the main storyline and it'd be a while before i branch out into custom maps. anyway, it's so awesome to have a modder in our midst. :up:

Carol Haynes:
Added two new maps yesterday -

Slide into Despair - A classic puzzle (but with lasers and without a pencil!). Slide into the bowels of Aperture and then work to get out again!

Wall Bounce - A very simple short map as a proof of concept. It isn't a new idea but I had real problems getting this to work in anything other than this way!

For all my maps see: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040914141/myworkshopfiles/

It would be really good if DC Portal 2 players could give them a go and leave a rating (thumbs up or down) and a comment on Steam. Ta.

Carol Haynes:
Two more maps today (I am on a roll) - both turret related! One is a silly bit of nonsense to get your revenge on the turret race, the other is a sort of Drity Harry style shoot em up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version