ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Portal 2 gets a new level maker! Woohoo - thousands of new levels

<< < (2/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Update - Deozaan edited the room to hopefully make it much clearer that you need to look up (unfortunately the new puzzle maker doesn't have simple things like signs that you can use so I have used line of lights to draw the eye upwards).

I have fixed a potential cheat for gaining the high ground and also reorganised a few parts of the puzzle to make it clearer which devices get dropped and turned off by which switches.

Can you do me a favour and have one more look and see if it is a bit clearer.

Deozaan:
Oh dear - sorry! The intention of the game was to get you jumping through Portals to gain height to get onto the ledge on the left as you walk in - once up there the rest of the puzzle layout is pretty obvious. I though it would be clear that you had to get onto the ledge because you can actually do anything else in that part of the chamber. Also there are blue indicator lines up there showing you that is how you get the ball and cube to drop.-Carol Haynes (May 19, 2012, 04:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Update - Deozaan edited the room to hopefully make it much clearer that you need to look up (unfortunately the new puzzle maker doesn't have simple things like signs that you can use so I have used line of lights to draw the eye upwards).

I have fixed a potential cheat for gaining the high ground and also reorganised a few parts of the puzzle to make it clearer which devices get dropped and turned off by which switches.

Can you do me a favour and have one more look and see if it is a bit clearer.
-Carol Haynes (May 19, 2012, 04:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Okay, well, now that you fixed the cheat, I can't figure out how to solve it. :-/ I just can't get enough height. I tried jumping from the first ledge down to the floor, but that doesn't get me high enough. And I don't keep enough momentum to jump down into a portal which takes me back up to the ledge, flying off the ledge again back down again into the portal for extra height. And there's no higher ledge I can jump off of on the other side of the lasers. So yeah, it looks like I only ever solved it in the first place because I found the cheat.

I'm stumped. :'( :huh: :-[

Carol Haynes:
You jump from the ledge to a Portal on the floor and as you emerge from the Portal up on the edge of the ledge you move sideways to drop down through the hole on the floor again - each round gives you more height - repeat until you can get to the high ledge. This was the reason I called it flying about!

Carol Haynes:
If you want a walk through of Flying About see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEPcXigeNPk

Deozaan:
You jump from the ledge to a Portal on the floor and as you emerge from the Portal up on the edge of the ledge you move sideways to drop down through the hole on the floor again - each round gives you more height - repeat until you can get to the high ledge. This was the reason I called it flying about!
-Carol Haynes (May 20, 2012, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried that, except I didn't think to attempt it sideways. Going "forwards" or "backwards" makes you lose your momentum and you can't travel far enough to get much beyond the borders of the portal you came out of. But going sideways works really well. Too well, sometimes. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version