Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 24, 2014, 06:18:48 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-tabbing selected applications  (Read 1335 times)
Jabberwock
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 09, 2012, 06:49:23 AM »

I am not sure if it should go here or into general apps, as there might be a tool for this, but I cannot find anything...

Basically, I want to select two (or more) apps from the list of running apps (in Win7). Then I want Alt-Tab to switch only between those applications.
shmuel1
Participant

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:51:38 AM »

If you press Alt+TAB once then let both keys go, Windows goes back to the previously active window. So if you click on two items on the taskbar, you can use Alt+TAB to toggle between those two windows.
Jabberwock
Participant

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 10:20:28 AM »

With two windows it works, but sometimes I need more. Also, if I get a quick look at another, non-work related application, this disrupts the alt-tab sequence.

Instead, I have begun to use the Win7 feature... I order all my work related apps in the task bar (some are already pinned, so always appear in the same place anyway) and use Alt + number to select the relevant window.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.04 ]