topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Alias group only showing a single match after dosearch added to definition  (Read 4002 times)

Paul Gardner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have a alias group defined with just the trigger name, and a number of items in the results dialog box - everything else on the alias edit box is left blank.  Originally, it was simply a list of documents with associated ID numbers that I would use as a reminder of which document belonged to which ID.  Today, I added a "dosearch <directory> ID" string to each item in the results window, so each one looked like this:

Doc1 (4) | dosearch c:\temp 4
Doc2 (10) | dosearch c:\temp 10

As soon as I did this, the FARR search operated differently.  Before, if I typed "mod Doc" (mod being the trigger name), I would see Doc1 (4) and Doc (10) in the list of matches.  Now, all I see is Doc1 (4).  Doc2 (10) doesn't show up until I enter the 2, and then Doc1 is removed from the list and replaced by Doc2.

Is this by design?  Or do I need to set something else on the edit box to being back the earlier functionality.  dosearch works as it's supposed to, but the change in the search results is disconcerting.

Thanks!
Paul

Paul Gardner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Never mind me!  Wrong command; restartsearch is what I was after!  :-[

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for figuring it out on your own and sharing the solution -- makes me not feel as bad for missing the post originally.  I must admit that dosearch vs restartsearch is a confusing thing.