ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Searching Amazon for Kindle "Best Sellers" that are currently FREE

<< < (2/2)

IainB:
Holy Bible the winner? (but wrong author)
No surprises there.
I could be wrong of course, but I thought that the Holy Bible had always been the No.1 best-seller for all time, bar none. (It was certainly one of the 51 free downloads I just made to my Kindle for PC, though it was not in the visible portion of the display-screen that I took a picture of, above).
No personal library would be complete without one.

This particular (KIndle) version of the Bible has a superb cross-referencing system - possibly better than the one in Interfaith Explorer.
Cross-Reference System
This edition of the ESV Bible includes one of the most extensive and useful cross-reference systems available. The ESV cross-reference system is based on a comprehensive system developed more than a hundred years ago by a team of Bible scholars from Oxford and Cambridge Universities. As far as possible this system also included the cross-references used in the original King James Version of 1611. The resulting cross-reference system was first used in the English Revised Version (RV) and has been highly regarded around the world for its effectiveness in showing the internal interrelationship of the text throughout the Bible.

The cross-reference system as it appears in this edition of the ESV Bible has been adapted as needed from the RV system for use with the ESV text. In some cases, therefore, the specific wording of the reference passage may differ, although the underlying meaning and relationship to the referenced text is normally the same.

Because the ESV is an essentially literal, word-for-word translation, the ESV is especially suited for cross-reference study of key words and concepts throughout the Bible.

Source: Crossway Bibles (2011-02-09). The Holy Bible, English Standard Version (with Cross-References) (Kindle Locations 436-445). Good News Publishers/Crossway Books. Kindle Edition.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version