ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Facebook: Dark Edition

<< < (3/3)

KynloStephen66515:
Extensions have a ways to go with Opera. I am hoping v12 changes the APIs to make them more usable. They are good, enough, but could be better when compared to chrome or firefox. I am not a fanboy of ANY product, I am just willing to recognize the shortfalls in a product. No product is perfect and opera is decent, but there are still compatibility problems with some major sites.

Opera, on various systems I've tried it on, has long "delays" when opening menus, clicking links, or using other features of facebook. Google plus does not get update notifications, allow you to access the top right menus without third party code injection (even that is ify). There are more sites I could list but I do not remember them off the top of my head since I haven't had opera installed in a bit. Yes, LP/RF work, but Opera continues to experience issues compatibility problems with many pages. They still have the mindset that website developers are out to get them, when in reality, I think Opera should make their browser work like every other browser does in regards to rendering.
-Josh (May 07, 2012, 08:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I do agree, that with a few simple steps, Opera could get a massive following.  They seem to focus too much on their Mobile browser, and very few people know that it even exists for the PC (Most people I know assume its just 'Another Android App') - I can understand somewhat, basically because I don't recall EVER seeing an advertisement for Opera, ANYWHERE...Please correct me if you have :)

Tuxman:
Lol, Noopera.

BTW, why does using WOT inside Facebook not create a black hole instantly? I mean, "trust" and "Facebook", wtf?

Deozaan:
I thought this topic was going to be about this recent news article:

Kids Raped, Sodomized on Facebook Pages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version