topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Facebook: Dark Edition  (Read 7341 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Facebook: Dark Edition
« on: May 07, 2012, 06:34 AM »
VERY Refreshing from that horrific blue we are forced to use :)

FBDark.png

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Facebook: Dark Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39 AM »
Also, now got WOT Rating for external links :) - Very Handy!

FBWOT.png

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:39 AM »
And in case anybody is wondering...this is all with Opera Extensions ;)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 07:49 AM »
Wait.....People use opera?

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 07:57 AM »
Wait.....People use opera?

Only logical people :P - You wouldn't understand Josh  ;D

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 07:58 AM »
Me...and apparently 97.7% of the world population...

http://www.w3schools...s/browsers_stats.asp

Just sayin ;-)

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Me...and apparently 97.7% of the world population...

http://www.w3schools...s/browsers_stats.asp

Just sayin ;-)

Like I said...Only logical people use it  ;) - I seem to remember you saying, the only reason you wouldn't stick with Opera, is due to the lack of RoboForm, LastPass, & AdBlock Plus..... > All of which are now available :P - When Opera 12 is fully released (Not a 'Preview' build) I can see those numbers shooting up...

Opera has SOOO much more going for it than Firefox (Chrome isn't a real browser IMHO...it just dies too often to be of any use, and IE...well...need I say more about that?) and now with the addition of extensions, it shouldn't take long before more people jump on-board :)

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 08:10 AM »
Not to continue to sidetrack your topic, however, Opera still has MANY issues with many common sites. Ever tried using google plus in opera? What about facebook? Both of these work perfectly in IE, FF and chrome, heck even safari. Opera.....is the anti-mac in that it doesn't "just work" ;-) And with that, I will stop hijacking your thread unless you want to spin it off to another topic :) Sorry!

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 08:28 AM »
Not to continue to sidetrack your topic, however, Opera still has MANY issues with many common sites. Ever tried using google plus in opera? What about facebook? Both of these work perfectly in IE, FF and chrome, heck even safari. Opera.....is the anti-mac in that it doesn't "just work" ;-) And with that, I will stop hijacking your thread unless you want to spin it off to another topic :) Sorry!

Heh, I dont mind the spin-off as it is somewhat on topic (Due to this being an Opera feature)

I Don't understand what you mean about G+ or Facebook though, Facebook works perfectly for me, always has...couldn't say about G+, but my mrs said shes never encountered any issues with it. - The only site I can't use Opera with, is Netflix (Not actually sure why...they seem to have unlocked it for Opera, but the videos still won't load for me - Never thought to check with Opera 12...seems to be working fine...and actually loaded the video MUCH faster than FireFox) - I know I rant on about Opera, and its not because I am a 'fanboi'...It is purely because I truly do love the Interface, and the features (Even more so since we got Extensions)!

Josh

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 08:35 AM »
Extensions have a ways to go with Opera. I am hoping v12 changes the APIs to make them more usable. They are good, enough, but could be better when compared to chrome or firefox. I am not a fanboy of ANY product, I am just willing to recognize the shortfalls in a product. No product is perfect and opera is decent, but there are still compatibility problems with some major sites.

Opera, on various systems I've tried it on, has long "delays" when opening menus, clicking links, or using other features of facebook. Google plus does not get update notifications, allow you to access the top right menus without third party code injection (even that is ify). There are more sites I could list but I do not remember them off the top of my head since I haven't had opera installed in a bit. Yes, LP/RF work, but Opera continues to experience issues compatibility problems with many pages. They still have the mindset that website developers are out to get them, when in reality, I think Opera should make their browser work like every other browser does in regards to rendering.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 10:13 AM »
Extensions have a ways to go with Opera. I am hoping v12 changes the APIs to make them more usable. They are good, enough, but could be better when compared to chrome or firefox. I am not a fanboy of ANY product, I am just willing to recognize the shortfalls in a product. No product is perfect and opera is decent, but there are still compatibility problems with some major sites.

Opera, on various systems I've tried it on, has long "delays" when opening menus, clicking links, or using other features of facebook. Google plus does not get update notifications, allow you to access the top right menus without third party code injection (even that is ify). There are more sites I could list but I do not remember them off the top of my head since I haven't had opera installed in a bit. Yes, LP/RF work, but Opera continues to experience issues compatibility problems with many pages. They still have the mindset that website developers are out to get them, when in reality, I think Opera should make their browser work like every other browser does in regards to rendering.

I do agree, that with a few simple steps, Opera could get a massive following.  They seem to focus too much on their Mobile browser, and very few people know that it even exists for the PC (Most people I know assume its just 'Another Android App') - I can understand somewhat, basically because I don't recall EVER seeing an advertisement for Opera, ANYWHERE...Please correct me if you have :)

Tuxman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Lol, Noopera.

BTW, why does using WOT inside Facebook not create a black hole instantly? I mean, "trust" and "Facebook", wtf?

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 12:33 AM »
I thought this topic was going to be about this recent news article:

Kids Raped, Sodomized on Facebook Pages.