topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Browser Bunch 1.4.2.1 beta  (Read 31075 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Browser Bunch 1.4.2.0 - with BBSS
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 10:27 AM »
I know nothing about Backstreet Boys other than the name. As you might guess from my Avatar I prefer real improvised jazz to marketing manufactured musicians.  Even so it is tough to keep up. The good local jazz station that played real jazz overnight 7 days a week went belly up 7 or 8 years ago.  It's too much of a pain to try to listen to streaming for more than a few tunes.  Seems like it always glitches out when music is on.  I haven't kept up on what's transpired since the "cool jazz influenced" phase. Seems like to get published a musician had to water it down to elevator compatibility.

I'll get back into it when I get bored messing with video.

But, yeah, whatever pill that artist was taking probably wasn't purchased with a prescription. :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 10:32 AM by MilesAhead »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 12:13 PM »
But, yeah, whatever pill that artist was taking probably wasn't purchased with a prescription. :)

lol, these days you wouldnt know ;)
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 12:42 PM »

lol, these days you wouldnt know ;)

Heh. I guess you're right. I have to look on line. See if I can volunteer for a Hash Brownies for the Homeless charitable organization.  :)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2012, 09:45 AM »
Hi Miles, did you see this? (Minus the big smiley)
Is it possible to get a feature on BBSS that batch prints each tab into a PDF with the same title as the tab title?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49 AM »
I have no experience with PDF files. I think it's beyond the scope if the utility.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2012, 01:54 PM »
Hmm, I thought it would be easy, as it scans through the tabs, just hit a Control-P just like any other printer. The only difference is I'd just set the Adobe PDF Printer as the default printer. Will it do that?

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 01:59 PM »
I'm not going to sit doing macros that you could do. If you don't want to use ahk then get a user level macro tool that clicks the mouse and presses the keys for you.  There's plenty of free ones out there. Check the big download sites.

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2012, 02:30 PM »
I'm not going to sit doing macros that you could do. If you don't want to use ahk then get a user level macro tool that clicks the mouse and presses the keys for you.  There's plenty of free ones out there. Check the big download sites.

Well okay, sorry to bother you. Just another case of end users not knowing how the great black box of software works. I've done user-macros before with click-keystroke-click-keystroke, but they're all static, like being "hardcoded". So if I made one that printed 10 tabs it would croak when faced with 11. I was hoping to tap into the dynamic loop you built.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Then I suggest trying some basic AHK_L. It's not rocket science. If you can do a batch file you can do AHK_L and rip your hair out with the rest of us. :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2013, 10:39 AM »
The included BBSS has been updated to work with Opera.  See Readme.txt revisions for usage note.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2014, 04:39 PM »
some things is good to revive :

https://www.donation....msg348408#msg348408

I am trying this wonderful program.
 :tellme:

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2014, 05:25 PM »
I am modifying the ini file. But i can't because seems that the program only can manage six browsers.

It's possible configurate 8 or more ?

Best Regards
 :-*

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2014, 06:50 AM »
BrowserBunch is implemented in AutoIt3.  I have stopped doing au3 development.  I intend to do virtually all Hotkey type programs in AHK_L or some AHK variant.  As current au3 programs lose relevance they will be retired.

I like the structure of AutoIt3 but the hotkey functionality is just too limiting for my purposes.

In any case when I was forced to move Au3 source code was lost.  For small utilities such as these it's just not worth the effort to reconstruct the missing pieces.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2014, 07:44 AM »
BrowserBunch is implemented in AutoIt3.  I have stopped doing au3 development.  I intend to do virtually all Hotkey type programs in AHK_L or some AHK variant.  As current au3 programs lose relevance they will be retired.

I like the structure of AutoIt3 but the hotkey functionality is just too limiting for my purposes.

In any case when I was forced to move Au3 source code was lost.  For small utilities such as these it's just not worth the effort to reconstruct the missing pieces.

Undertood Miles. I will adapt. One question. The program allow multi-instances ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2014, 08:02 AM »
anyway i can use in two virtual machines
 :tellme:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23 AM »
You might try something that makes it easy to do a drop down list.  Then you could always add more.  What's the limit with Browser Chooser?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 09:37 AM »
You might try something that makes it easy to do a drop down list.  Then you could always add more.  What's the limit with Browser Chooser?

I don't understand. What drop down list ? . can I do that ? . sorry i am missing something.
 :-[

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2014, 12:37 PM »
Any Windows scripting that does Gui Windows and controls.  You might look here to start:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/

A Drop Down Box has the advantage you would not have to change the Gui it is in once you got it working.  Adding more items just lengthens the list.  You could have the default or most used at the top.  To use a different browser select from the drop down list.  Reading from a text file a line at a time should be pretty easy in most scripting languages.  Therefore I'd look for something that makes it very easy to make the Gui Window or Dialog.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Any Windows scripting that does Gui Windows and controls.  You might look here to start:
http://www.thefreecountry.com/compilers/

A Drop Down Box has the advantage you would not have to change the Gui it is in once you got it working.  Adding more items just lengthens the list.  You could have the default or most used at the top.  To use a different browser select from the drop down list.  Reading from a text file a line at a time should be pretty easy in most scripting languages.  Therefore I'd look for something that makes it very easy to make the Gui Window or Dialog.

running to try. Compilers ? Sound powerful.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 01:28 PM »
There's both compilers and scripting languages there.  Not as much free as for Linux.  But still a good selection.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33 PM »
There's both compilers and scripting languages there.  Not as much free as for Linux.  But still a good selection.

But Miles are really a lot.
 :-[

Tha dron dropbox will take the resto of my life
 :(

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2014, 01:56 PM »
Sorry.  But I can't make commitments as I have PERT tests to prepare for.  It's been a long time since school.  I'm just starting to get an idea how much I've forgotten.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2014, 02:02 PM »
Sorry.  But I can't make commitments as I have PERT tests to prepare for.  It's been a long time since school.  I'm just starting to get an idea how much I've forgotten.

Don't worry Miles. Good luck with PERT tests.
I am studying now too : the compilers

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2014, 08:04 AM »
Btw I don't think you need to run virtual machines to run two instances of BrowserBunch..  Just copy everything to another folder.  Change the .ini to have up to 6 different browsers. Just make shortcuts that point to each BrowserBunch.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Btw I don't think you need to run virtual machines to run two instances of BrowserBunch..  Just copy everything to another folder.  Change the .ini to have up to 6 different browsers. Just make shortcuts that point to each BrowserBunch.

Understood Miles.
Best Regards