Try Windows Easy Transfer. It's built in.
1) click Start
2) type "tr"
3) select Windows Easy Transfer
4) select 3rd option
5) select this is my old computer
6) select only your user account
7) click customize link
select only Windows settings (and program settings if you want those too)
9) click advanced
10) clear the checkboxes
11) click next
12) type password
13) select the save location of your .MIG file -- it will save the settings to a file you probably want to use a flash drive
14) rebuild your box
15) run Windows Easy Transfer again -- you should be able to figure it out from there
Do the community here a favor and write this up as a tutorial if it works for you as I've been strapped for time recently and always meant to do it!
trying. i will put my screenshots . i don't understand points 14) rebuild your box and 15) .