Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 08:53:20 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Basic word processor and active URLs  (Read 1361 times)
Giampy
Participant

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:05:56 PM »

Hail!
I would need a basic word processor (just like Microsoft Wordpad) featuring active URLs.
No Html language, no Html documents: I simply deal with normal Doc/Rtf/similar documents, and when I paste an URL I want that URL automatically becomes active. That's all.
I have gathered many names of programs: Abi Word, Angel Writer, Devvicky Word, DocPad, Jarte, KeyNote Nf, MemPad, Qjot, ScratchPad, The Guide, TxtEdit, Verbum, Win32Pad, WinVi. The choice is wide.
Can you give me some sure advices?

"A refrigerator without beer is like a body without soul"
NigelH
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:41:12 AM »

It's not clear to me exactly what you're after, but the Wordpad replacement that I use ( PolyEdit Lite ) has this feature.
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »

What do you mean by "active"? It opens the link in a browser?

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Giampy
Participant

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »

What do you mean by "active"? It opens the link in a browser?

Yes, just that.

"A refrigerator without beer is like a body without soul"
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 03:59:12 PM »

I have gathered many names of programs: Abi Word, Angel Writer, Devvicky Word, DocPad, Jarte, KeyNote Nf, MemPad, Qjot, ScratchPad, The Guide, TxtEdit, Verbum, Win32Pad, WinVi.
WinVi is not a word processor. KeyNote NF is not a word processor. MemPad probably is neither.

Try AkelPad (the "full" version).

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.09 ]