ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SuperMoon Pictures - Post Them Here :)

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
For those of you who are lucky enough to take some photos of tonights SuperMoon, could I request you to post them here, simply because it gives them a home thats easy to find :D

For those unfamiliar with what I am talking about, check out this video:

x16wda:
Oh- phew!  I thought this was another thread about Google Street View...

Hiberno-mooner stalks Google Street View
Ireland gives Google traditional pogue mahone greeting

;)

Deozaan:
I think it's silly that they talk about the effect that SuperMoons have on the tide. From that video, I understand a SuperMoon to be a full moon when the moon is at the perigee of its orbit. That only happens about once a year.

However, the moon is at the perigee of its orbit about once a month*. This would affect the tide in the same way, whether it appears to be a "full moon" (SuperMoon) or not.

*The word "month" is based on "moon," because the moon orbits the Earth approximately once per month.

SeraphimLabs:
The difference is the supermoons are abnormally close due to orbital variation, or are exactly opposite the earth from the sun- producing a combined tidal force.

It's rising bright and clear where I live, but I lack any usable cameras to photograph it with.

Renegade:
I tried to take pictures of the last one, but failed miserably. Need to learn a bit more about how to take pictures properly...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version