ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (20/29) > >>

kalos:
okay, if I understood well, Splinter can do anything in regards to user-GUI interaction

can I close windows by clicking their taskbar buttons with right click and open the relevant context menu (which normally pops up when right clicking on taskbar buttons) by holding control and right click?

dmd7978:
okay, if I understood well, Splinter can do anything in regards to user-GUI interaction

can I close windows by clicking their taskbar buttons with right click and open the relevant context menu (which normally pops up when right clicking on taskbar buttons) by holding control and right click?
-kalos (May 29, 2012, 02:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi. Splinter does not interfere with the Windows shell, at all So it does not have anything to do with the function you ask about. It, more or less, acts as a front end for Explorer (and the net). It "only" hot links files, folders, apps, etc to triggers and splicons and then links triggers and splicons to each other and pages. (wallpapers)

dmd7978:
C'mon Tao. Make me sweat. Throw down the gauntlet. Challenge me, as before. Truth is, as I just said to Oblivion, I had never thought to use Splinter in exactly the same way you used it. That was the best part about it.

Shoot me another "something" that you want to have the ability to do or you want done. As far as DIRECT dialogue, you are one of, maybe 5 people, in the past year, that has shown me that they can begin to see the desktop environment the "way it truly is". I doubt that it is a coincidence that, for many years, I had a black desktop and standard icons as well. I think it is something fundamental about how we see it. As JUST, and ONLY utilitarian.

I dont see the "artsy" type splinterfaces as "artsy" I see them as nothing but utilitarian that is SO utilitarian that it allows for art to conform around its purpose. I think that most "desktop customizers"(the people, I mean), look at utility after their customization areas. Wrong route. For both them and the software.

NOW, i say this because you came up with several different ways to use Splinter, by initial understanding. And I believe that the only way that could have occurred is if you understood the completely utilitarian ability of hotlinking and function blending that would allow those other things to happen. See what I mean?

It is the understanding of utility functionality that LEADS to the understanding of "what is possible"...

And, while it MAY be true that this is understood by many on here, you are the only one that has given me really well thought out and valuable feedback and questions and requests (other than Oblivion. But he is more like the big meany head making me do all the boring stuff like eat my veggies aka do documentation so that "everyone" can understand or enjoy it. He is right, of course. But it doesn't mean that broccoli tastes good)...

So, Tao, cmon................You said "curses, round one goes to the developer". Well, I think I got round two, three, and four, also. Let us go 10. Every round I win only benefits you, so..................

dmd7978:

dmd7978:
The images below show context menus and configuration windows and the definition and functionality of the buttons. Any advice on how to resize the images which can then be clicked for the larger image?
Tasktray Icon Properties

Trigger Properties

]

Splicons and Splanime

]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version