ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (17/29) > >>

dmd7978:
Heh So I put your neato creation away for a while, but you did inspire me to mash a bunch of things into a couple of folders, so that I only have 60 items on my desktop now!  :D
-TaoPhoenix (May 06, 2012, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is great. Splinter will only improve it, more, if you let it. It NEVER changes anything, unless you want it to. Since it is only a hotlinker, at core, it doesn't have the "ability" to get in the way. Hotlinking , alone, allows for the creation of interactive games, stories, educational interfaces, info portals, spli-sites, and, of course, icon "docks". Every interactive ANYTHING, if you think about it, is just a hot link. Click this, something happens. Splinter is that taken to its most basic level, which is why "anyone" can create with it.

The only way to create something similar to a splinterface is with another programming language. The thing is, not only would you have to be a coder to do so, but you would be limited to THAT "splinterface" creation as the output. Imagery is the only way to allow every end user to create complex software outputs without the need for complex algorithms based on code input.

dmd7978:
bla bla, sometimes life gets in the way

dmd7978:
I am going to create documentation based on Mouser's FARR documentation, as it was recommended by oblivion. If anyone else has any tips on docs or other docs I should look at, based on Splinter's app type, I would appreciate the advice. Thanks

oblivion:
I am going to create documentation based on Mouser's FARR documentation, as it was recommended by oblivion.
-dmd7978 (May 23, 2012, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
:) That's not quite what I suggested, for any concerned mousers. What I said was: you have no documentation, you need some, here's an example of good practice in the field, doing something along those lines might be a good idea!

dmd7978:
I am going to create documentation based on Mouser's FARR documentation, as it was recommended by oblivion.
-dmd7978 (May 23, 2012, 07:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
:) That's not quite what I suggested, for any concerned mousers. What I said was: you have no documentation, you need some, here's an example of good practice in the field, doing something along those lines might be a good idea!
-oblivion (May 24, 2012, 03:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, what he said. I am just checking out the level of detail and such.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version