ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (16/29) > >>

dmd7978:
So, this is quite a long video (13minutes). But if you want to know a good deal about Splinter, this is the single most informative "anything" that i have created, to date. This vid lacks "standard" looking utilitarian icons, but that does not mean that Arkham Edition is not just as utilitarian as Addition and Icon-ic Editions.

dmd7978:

TaoPhoenix:

Here's my new question:

With the advent of the touch screens, would Splinter start to almost turn the desktop into a giant iPad? I mean, if there's all these touch points, you just make them 99% transparent, then it's almost like using an iOS app right?

Heh - and I'm seeing fun uses for Star Trek Theme packs! : )

TaoPhoenix:
Heh So I put your neato creation away for a while, but you did inspire me to mash a bunch of things into a couple of folders, so that I only have 60 items on my desktop now!  :D

dmd7978:
Here's my new question:

With the advent of the touch screens, would Splinter start to almost turn the desktop into a giant iPad? I mean, if there's all these touch points, you just make them 99% transparent, then it's almost like using an iOS app right?

Heh - and I'm seeing fun uses for Star Trek Theme packs! : )
-TaoPhoenix (May 06, 2012, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, absolutely correct. I had envisioned touchscreen from the beginning. Truth is, i envisioned OLED walls, in a home. Walking down the hall and touching various points along the way. Click something at the beginning, something based on that would appear in the middle, with options. Then, click one of those, something down at the end, for your final decision(basic explanation, much more in depth. But I designed Splinter based on my vision of the future of technology, not necessarily for today's current sit)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version