ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (14/29) > >>

dmd7978:
I appreciate your response! I am nearly satisfied with the mockup, all I want is one more feature where other triggers do not activate unless the correct first one does. So for here, it is the left one first, then that unlocks the right one. Then if that second right trigger goes to a folder, that is all I need.

But you mentioned an errand, I can wait for a couple hours if you need to do that.

And the first splinter should do nothing but enable the second. Do you see? Instead of the "reward" of having a woman icon rising up, for the security side the first icon should do nothing, and only the second trigger opens a folder.

Re: my hanging arm, you could just put a dependency on it, so that Z trigger doesn't open until it logs X then Y triggers first, otherwise it does nothing.
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 12:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Remember to, for the left and right triggers, right click them, go to properties,  and in the first tab UNCHECK "run splicon" and CHECK "run script" (this will disable the woman and the arm)(if you want to have these open as well in a certain way, we will handle that after you set this first part)

PASTE THIS ONE INTO THE SCRIPT BOX FOR THE LEFT TRIGGER
Fill in the blank spot with the number of the new trigger you create.

splinter show
splinter hide 2
splinter hide 3

The left trigger is ID 2. So it says to show the new trigger(), hide itself and also hide the right trigger(3).

PASTE THIS ONE INTO THE SCRIPT BOX FOR THE NEW TRIGGER
Fill in the blank spot with the number of the new trigger you create.

splinter show 2
splinter hide
splinter show 3

The new trigger is ID "x". So it says to show the left trigger (2), hide itself and also show the right trigger(3).

Once you have pasted the scripts, place the new trigger DIRECTLY over the left trigger. This script makes one disappear and the other appear, while one shows the right trigger and the other hides it.

For folder access, just drag any folder onto the right trigger. That is all you have to do.

Good question, thank you. I would love to handle more like this. I have, still, only seen ONE splicon created by anyone, in the year that Splinter has been "publicly" available.(no one knew about it for first 8 months)

TaoPhoenix:
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?

dmd7978:
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, no, not the right one, that one stays. The NEW one that you create will go over the left one. And gone, how? You probably have to load the splinterface again through "open". They wouldn't disappear ---oh, you placed the script into the right one? Yeah, that isn't the way.

So, create a new trigger from the tasktray icon, right click trigger, go to properties, CHECK "run script", go to script tab and paste the following

splinter show 2
splinter show 3

Click ok and then click the trigger

dmd7978:
Okay, so I tried posting those values in, except 1, the triggers seem to have completely disappeared and 2, I wouldn't know how to move the right trigger over the left one. I kinda like it where it is  - can I get a microscopic dot to tell me where to click?
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Then cut the script out of the right trigger(then uncheck run script for right trigger) and put it into the new trigger, replacing the script I just gave you. Click ok, and that should do it.

Yes, you can have a microscopic dot or an "invisible" location that you just click. Or any other image. Generally, the answer to "can I" when asking about Splinter, the answer is "Yes, of course".

So, I mean, you don't "need' the whole setup, if you do not want. If all you care about is a folder that is not able to be seen by other people, 99% transparency will handle that for the trigger. You will only know it is there when you hover on it. Unless you disable trigger tips with CTRL+SHFT+A, OR you move the trigger down far enough so that the trigger tip is off screen. (But it is cooler with the spli-script)

TaoPhoenix:
Sorry, I'm only as sharp as a marble. I'm stuck again. I can't even find any of the triggers anymore. They don't even register anymore.

Can you upload a version of the overlay with two white dots that signal the click points, such that the right trigger only activates if the left does, and then we can select a folder?

Edit: 1280 x 1024 is the preferred resolution if you can do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version