ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (13/29) > >>

dmd7978:
But how do you disable the right side when it is not "chained" to the left part?

-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

what do you mean?

splinter kill 3

placed in the left triggers script tab, MAKE SURE ON "ACTIONS' TAB, "RUN SCRIPT IS CHECKED. I forgot to do.....just copy paste this and then check box and then you are good to go

are you asking HOW or do mean it didnt work? If you right click the right trigger and look at the top, it will have a number. that is its trigger ID. it is 3. so, splinter kill 3, runs right after the left trigger initiates the closing of ITS splicon.

so it is like when you click on left trigger "run MY splicon and then instantly go to the script and do whatever it says, which is to KILL, instantly the other trigger's splicon"

I will elaborate more, if necessary, no prob....

BUT i cannot for about another hour. I will be back then. I will wait to hear if you understand this part, and then if so, i must shower and hit road. If not, I will elaborate further, first.

TaoPhoenix:

So far so good, but what I meant is that the right trigger should not be available at all until the left trigger is clicked. Even with your "kill", the right trigger still creates a Phantom Arm, and from that Security Discussion, an extra point of "what does this do".

dmd7978:
So far so good, but what I meant is that the right trigger should not be available at all until the left trigger is clicked. Even with your "kill", the right trigger still creates a Phantom Arm, and from that Security Discussion, an extra point of "what does this do".
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 12:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
j

No, that is not right, no disrespect. No phantom arm CAN be created when clicking the left trigger, becaue the only command it has is KILL. If it were "splinter run 3", then yes. But not the way I said to do it. Do you mean that just by clicking the right trigger you get a phantom arm? Of course, if the left trigger's splicon has not been initiated it will create a phantom arm.

Look, this is hot linking. One icon to one file. Unless you put it in a script. It is a LITERAL impossibility to have 10 triggers on screen and then have them all initiate a seamless sequence the way you want. There will always be an odd man out. Either in the opening or the closing portion. That is the whole point of hiding them. They dont just have to be 99%, they can be 100% transparent. For the right trigger, I wouldn't even have that the way it is. I would normally just hotlink a script that says to RUN the right trigger's splicon, dropped onto HER, and the right trigger would be hidden.

I was just trying to quickly make was you requested is all. You want something in depth, be specific, I will do it. "what does this do"......Well, I would have to say EVERYTHING that you can ask it to. Just be specific. THIS is the problem I have with conveying Splinter. It is so, INSANELY in depth that I could speak 20 hours straight and maybe say all that it is. It doesn't have "limits' PERIOD. Not just "limits" for a single app. IT DOESN'T HAVE LIMITS WITHIN THE DESKTOP ENVIRONMENT. PERIOD. ASK ME TO DO, I CAN DO. NOTHING I CANNOT TURN INTO A  SPLINTERFACE. NOTHING. (not yelling, trying to emphasize this dramatically)

Have to leave now, be back in an hour

TaoPhoenix:
I appreciate your response! I am nearly satisfied with the mockup, all I want is one more feature where other triggers do not activate unless the correct first one does. So for here, it is the left one first, then that unlocks the right one. Then if that second right trigger goes to a folder, that is all I need.

But you mentioned an errand, I can wait for a couple hours if you need to do that.

And the first splinter should do nothing but enable the second. Do you see? Instead of the "reward" of having a woman icon rising up, for the security side the first icon should do nothing, and only the second trigger opens a folder.

Re: my hanging arm, you could just put a dependency on it, so that Z trigger doesn't open until it logs X then Y triggers first, otherwise it does nothing.

dmd7978:

disregard this, see below

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version