ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (9/29) > >>

dmd7978:
Splinterface zip attached....extract anywhere, load from tasktray icon

MUST LOAD THIS IN 1366X768 SCREEN RES.....I AM ON LAPTOP RIGHT NOW AND THAT IS HIGHEST REZ I HAVE (dont "have" to, but if you don't it will be off centered)

Okay, now just click, roughly, the bottom left corner(when you hover, you will see the ID). Then when "she" is "up", click on the right side (same hover will tell)

Splanime not great, did too quick. But you should get the gist, I think.

After you see, just right click instead of left, on the triggers, go to properties, then "appearance" tab and set opacity to 0

dmd7978:
Hi, the tutorial txt file should not, in any way, be looked to ever by splinter. Did you try to load IT as a splicon or something? It is not a splinterface, just a txt file...Posting now but will edit when finish reading rest with my answers
-dmd7978 (May 05, 2012, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for reply - no I hadnt tried to link to it in any way, but I dont get the error any more anyway.

Glad I caught one bug :)
I (and many others I'm sure) use Ctrl/Shift/Arrow shortcuts *very* often when typing. Universal shortcuts are a PIA - ideally they should be customisable cause you're almost always going to clash with something...
-tomos (May 05, 2012, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oops, yes, thank you for that catch. Good work, indeed

dmd7978:
Another bug imo:

if any of the Splinter "instances" have focus, and
windows showing in the taskbar area
taskbar is on autohide,
when the taskbar does show itself, it is *not* on top - it shows behind the windows.
-tomos (May 05, 2012, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Splinter "instances" (splicons?)

Yes, this is true. It is very difficult to balance the z-order. This and when you open the magnifier are the only times, I think, that this will occur, generally. Will look further into the taskbar issue, next build. (it is ACTUALLY, more a bug in Windows, not Splinter, I think. Same issue as with Magnifier. If you load magnifier when whatever random app windows are open and maxed, they end up falling behind the taskbar. In XP AND 7....AND I am pretty sure, 8, too)

But it, also, creates kind of a cool feature, if done right. The ability to make the splicon the wallpaper image, all the way up to the start orb. So that the orb is all that is showing.

But, I almost never have a splicon that would be open in a location that would be below or above the taskbar. I dont think that there is any reason to, other than to cover it purposefully.I dont think I mentioned that my variable sets were based on 1366x768 screen res. Alter them to fit your resolution, I would say. My bad

dmd7978:
How hard is it to have you make a very simple Splinterface (Oh gawd, sorry, I've got Lady Gaga stuck in my head now! :P   ) to do a simple two-button Hidden-Click minimal overlay for my current machine?

I don't have need for anything much fancier than that, but I'm interested in testing that out right now.

P.S. I was only half joking about the NSFW stuff, but it feels like it applies on the Big Brother front if you layer it on top of other stuff to make a TRIPLE encrypted system, with a boring layer on top, a somewhat hidden layer underneath, then this is "left field".
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

sorry, the above post i made is for you. the one with the splinterface. forgot to quote ya.

Curt:
Addition and Icon-ic must be run in 1366x768 resolution. I will upload all of the splinterfaces from the videos this weekend. The others must be run in 1920x1080 screen res.-dmd7978 (May 04, 2012, 06:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

-is this still the rule?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version