ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (8/29) > >>

dmd7978:
As usual with any new software I'm afraid I'm getting bogged down with the GUI/instructions. Very minor things really, but enough to bog me down all the same.

# First of all, I got an error on starting (this is the second time I started it - could have messed it up somehow last time) - but it seems to be running ok now anyway.
---------------------------
The file "C:\Portable\Splinter\Tutorial_and_Download_Links.txt" is either damaged or is of a wrong format

Exception "The input stream is not a valid binary format. The starting contents (in bytes) are: 2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D-2D ..."
OK  
as you can see it's portable version, Win7 64bit.

I followed instructions (http://spli-stuff.blogspot.de/p/dock-tutorial.html) as far as Step #2 (on image #7).
The configuration dialogue opens without "Splicon Enabled" selected - that was easy to figure out ;-)
You say to select the dock image - do you mean any image of our choice or a specific dock image (as shown in your screenshots?) I think you mean a specific one but cannot find it in the Splinter folder.
Stuck . . .

BTW I notice when I'm selecting text-words in FF using Ctrl+Shift+ArrowKey the "Triggers" flash.

That's my half hour used up, will try again later or tomorrow :)
-tomos (May 05, 2012, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi, the tutorial txt file should not, in any way, be looked to ever by splinter. Did you try to load IT as a splicon or something? It is not a splinterface, just a txt file...Posting now but will edit when finish reading rest with my answers

You say to select the dock image - do you mean any image of our choice or a specific dock image (as shown in your screenshots?) I think you mean a specific one but cannot find it in the Splinter folder.
Stuck . .

Sorry, I placed the zip file at the top of the tutorial page that has the dock image in it. You can use whatever you want though. I will make the tut more clear and post a couple more tomorrow.
Here is link, though, to zip file. (it is my use of color on blog, I think. Made it hard to tell that it was a hyperlink)

Dock Tut Splicons

BTW I notice when I'm selecting text-words in FF using Ctrl+Shift+ArrowKey the "Triggers" flash

Ah, that is because CTRL+ARROW is also the "flip wallpaper" shortcut. When you have multiple pages created, it will flip them. (along with CTRL+MW). And so what Splinter is doing, is "flipping to a phantom page" therefore, the triggers are no longer part of what it is "looking for", so they disappear, for a split second, until it realizes that there isn't another page (wallpaper)

I didn't realize that it was being picked up, from FF , though.(never, ever, do I use arrow keys for keyboard shortcuts, outside Splinter. Use the rest,but not those, lol. Hmm, will have to handle that, then, THANK YOU. As I never would have caught that on my own)

TaoPhoenix:
How hard is it to have you make a very simple Splinterface (Oh gawd, sorry, I've got Lady Gaga stuck in my head now! :P   ) to do a simple two-button Hidden-Click minimal overlay for my current machine?

I don't have need for anything much fancier than that, but I'm interested in testing that out right now.

P.S. I was only half joking about the NSFW stuff, but it feels like it applies on the Big Brother front if you layer it on top of other stuff to make a TRIPLE encrypted system, with a boring layer on top, a somewhat hidden layer underneath, then this is "left field".

dmd7978:
How hard is it to have you make a very simple Splinterface (Oh gawd, sorry, I've got Lady Gaga stuck in my head now! :P   ) to do a simple two-button Hidden-Click minimal overlay for my current machine?

I don't have need for anything much fancier than that, but I'm interested in testing that out right now.

P.S. I was only half joking about the NSFW stuff, but it feels like it applies on the Big Brother front if you layer it on top of other stuff to make a TRIPLE encrypted system, with a boring layer on top, a somewhat hidden layer underneath, then this is "left field".
-TaoPhoenix (May 05, 2012, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I dont know, 60 seconds. Let me do and get back to you, shortly....wait, what is "minimal "overlay""

i got it...gonna take me five minutes, doing a good one

tomos:
Hi, the tutorial txt file should not, in any way, be looked to ever by splinter. Did you try to load IT as a splicon or something? It is not a splinterface, just a txt file...Posting now but will edit when finish reading rest with my answers
-dmd7978 (May 05, 2012, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for reply - no I hadnt tried to link to it in any way, but I dont get the error any more anyway.

Glad I caught one bug :)
I (and many others I'm sure) use Ctrl/Shift/Arrow shortcuts *very* often when typing. Universal shortcuts are a PIA - ideally they should be customisable cause you're almost always going to clash with something...

tomos:
Another bug imo:

if any of the Splinter "instances" have focus, and
windows showing in the taskbar area
taskbar is on autohide,
when the taskbar does show itself, it is *not* on top - it shows behind the windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version